What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Horror Short Story Collection. One story involves a man falling asleep at a wake and waking up with a wax nose.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Carranza (jennifercarranza) | 3 comments I read this book in approximately 2005. This particular story that I'm searching for has a man arrive in town for a funeral. He is asked to watch the body over night so nothing disturbs it and the family can sleep. I believe a weasel or other rodent like creature keeps coming to the window and peering in, but runs away when it sees he is still awake and watching. Near morning, he dozes off and is awoken by the family moving around. All seems fine. When he leaves, his nose melts off, because the weasel (witch in disguise?) ate it and replaced it with wax.

Another story involves a haubted hay ride through a barn. The boy stationed in the barn sees a ghost with wire or rope around his neck.

Thanks!

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments Was this for children or adults? And do you remember anything about the cover?

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Carranza (jennifercarranza) | 3 comments I believe it was in the teen section as I was a teen at the time. I don't remember the cover.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Carranza (jennifercarranza) | 3 comments @canavan, I think you're correct! I am going to reserve it at the library. Thank you