Middle Grade Madness! discussion

The Assassin's Curse (The Blackthorn Key, #3)
This topic is about The Assassin's Curse
Series Readathons > The Blackthorn Key Book 3 - October 2020

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kadi, Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kadi P (kadi_p) | 2984 comments Mod

message 2: by Kadi, Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Month 3 is here and we'll be reading book 3: The Assassin's Curse!

I can't wait!

message 3: by Kadi, Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

So funny story: after I finished book 1 I thought The Assassin's Curse was book 2 (really it's book 3) so I started reading quite a lot of it before I realised it was the wrong book😂 So I can confirm that this is a really good book and it's definitely going to interesting and never-seen-before places both literally and metaphorically!

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 217 comments I read it a few months ago -- pretty good, as expected. A treasure hunt and assassination attempts with a vivid historical backdrop.

message 5: by Kadi, Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh wow it's been a few months for me too now! Time goes so fast!
I thought this was the best one of them all so far (out of the first 3 I've read), what do you think? Like how would you rank them so far?

I didn't care for the French setting. It all felt very unfamiliar even though the London setting would also feel like that too it's just like that feeling of not being in your own space as you usually are. That makes me sound crazy😂 Despite how I felt about it, I definitely have to admit the new setting did a fabulous job of shaking stuff up.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIPS?! (view spoiler)
I also love (view spoiler)

The end was really unexpected like darn. I guess this is when the big bad comes in!