2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

First Blood (D.I. Kim Stone #0)
This topic is about First Blood
First Blood > Question K

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6191 comments Mod
Kim and her team believed Carl Wilkes, one of the brothers responsible for the shelters’ general maintenance, was the killer. We’re you swayed by that red herring, too? If so, why? Did you ever suspect Nigel?

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 707 comments The red herring definitely reeled me in. I suppose it was too obvious, I never twigged to Nigel at all.

Oh, I bit! Nigel never crossed my mind, either. I even suspected Louella before even thinking of him.

~Teresa | 48 comments Never suspected Nigel, at all! However, Carl seemed to obvious.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 770 comments Yes, I still have a fishy taste in my mouth on this one!

Hahaha!!!

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1993 comments I never suspected Nigel. I was sure Carl was the murderer.

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 156 comments Mod
I didn't suspect Nigel at all. I don't think clues were set up to lead to him. But I knew it wouldn't be Carl...too obvious.

Lynn (ftbooklover) | 559 comments Charlene wrote: "Yes, I still have a fishy taste in my mouth on this one!"

I agree, Charlene. This red herring was pushed pretty hard.

Robin (robinmy) | 1384 comments I was lured into the whole Marianne/Carl thing. I thought she was asking him to kill these pedophiles. Nigel never crossed my mind.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 707 comments Looks like we all got sucked in to the red herring.

Yep!

message 13: by Lynn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn (ftbooklover) | 559 comments This red herring is going to make me skeptical of clues when we read on in the series.

Robin (robinmy) | 1384 comments I was actually happy with this red herring and the fact that I fell for it. Up until that point in the book, I loved the characters but thought the mystery/villain was too obvious. When it turned out that things weren't as they seemed and the killer was someone I hadn't even considered, I have the book 5 Stars. I love when an author can give us great characters and a twisty story where I'm surprised at the ending.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1993 comments I agree Robin. I like a good red herring.

Brittany Lawrence | 1 comments I never suspected Nigel at all!