Start by marking “First Blood (D.I. Kim Stone, #12)” as Want to Read:
First Blood (D.I. Kim Stone, #12)

First Blood

(D.I. Kim Stone #12)

In the darkness of a cold December morning, Detective Kim Stone steps through the doors of Halesowen Police Station. She’s about to meet her team for the first time. The victim of her next case is about to meet his killer…

Published November 14th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about First Blood, please sign up.
Kimmie Kostman Paul They revisit it in every book but Dead Memories (book 10) is the one in which there is a killer recreating all the traumatic events in Kim’s life.…moreThey revisit it in every book but Dead Memories (book 10) is the one in which there is a killer recreating all the traumatic events in Kim’s life. Hope this helps!(less)

Start your review of First Blood (D.I. Kim Stone, #12)
Mandy White
Love love love!! So good to go back to where it all began with Kim and the team. There is so much to take in with this book and just made me love them all so much more. Thank you Angela Marsons!!
Alan Cotterell
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pure brilliance

Merry Christmas ! This is the best early Christmas present ever. One I was not expecting and didn't even know I wanted.
I was shocked to see this book be reviewed as I had no idea about it. I immediately bought and downloaded a copy. Forgot about the ARC 's I have due to be reviewed, moved the 195 books in my TBR pile to one side and started to read. Once you start this I suggest you lock the door and turn off your phone , after you have phoned in sick for work. You will not want
The Book Review Café
Oh, my giddy aunt I can’t believe that Angela Marsons has finally written the VERY book I’ve been fantasying about, First Blood a PREQUEL to the Kim Stone books, yes you read that right!!!!!! Anyone who follows this series will love this book. As a huge fan I’ve watched Kim and her team (and surrogate family) evolve and grow into living, breathing characters. I’ve always wondered about the previous years, and what forces bought Kim, Bryant, Stacey, and Dawson together, well here Lie all the ...more
Sean Peters
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it

When the body of a young man is found beheaded and staked to the ground in a secluded area of the Clent Hills, Kim and her new squad rush to the crime scene.

Searching the victim’s home, Kim discovers a little girl’s bedroom and a hidden laptop. Why is his sister relieved to
The Cats’ Mother
The news that Angela Marsons had released a surprise prequel to the Kim Stone series hit social media two days ago, and I added it to my “want to read” and “buy soon” shelves immediately, telling myself that as soon as I’d cleared my six overdue reviews, I would read it. Who was I kidding, within half an hour I had bought it and am feeling proud of myself just for finishing the one I was currently reading first, plus going to a surprise wedding and sleeping. I’ve basically read it in one sitting ...more
Brenda
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic addition to the Kim Stone series! I’m so glad Angela Marsons thought of this angle! Her team of characters have been so wonderfully developed over the years; I have to think regression might have been a difficult task. Well done, Ms. Marsons!
Rachel Gilbey
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a ginormous fan of the D. I. Kim Stone series, I was excited and privileged to be given an advance chance to read the latest book of the series, which unlike the others doesn't move the series on, but instead is a prequel.

This is the story of how Stone, Stacey, Bryant, and Dawson and their first week as a new team. We see how Kim's reputation preceded her, we get insights into all the officers personal lives, and get to see them working together almost instantly.

For fans of the series this
Janet Newport
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful "head's up" into a fantastic series.

Great complex characters giving a good insight as to how the various members gelled into "the team."
Great complex twisty story, fast paced easy read. And it was a real book! So many of these "prequels" are no more than short stories.

Now to figure out when I've got a block of time to binge-read the entire series!
K.L. Slater
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FIRST BLOOD takes us back to where Kim Stone’s story all began. How refreshing to see how little she has changed over the years; how TRUE she has kept to herself. We watch as she starts out determined, tough with a well-hidden soft centre and is misunderstood by almost everyone around her. Nobody wants Kim Stone on their watch. But slowly we get to meet her beloved team and it’s such an emotional pull at times, knowing and loving all the characters as we fans do!
Binding all this together is the
Amy
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2019
You know what I never realized that I needed in my life? A prequel to the Kim Stone series and after having read First Blood it was exactly what I was craving and I didn’t even know it. Good thing Angela Marsons is far more clever than I am and anticipated what this series needed well ahead of all of her fans, I swear she’s such a keen and crafty author, bravo once again

This follows the team, as we know them, but way back when they worked their first case together. Yep, you get to see Kim meet
Julie Lacey
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve loved this series since it began with Silent Scream and have read every one of them.
I was so pleased to hear about this book that tells the story of how Kim and the team first got together, and their very first case.
It seemed a bit strange reading about Stacey, Bryant and Dawson as newbies as I feel like I’ve got to know them in the other books, but I soon got used to it!
This is a gripping story about a killer who is targeting people who have abused children.
I loved the initial thoughts
Jen
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my life. This is the book that all Kim Stone fans have been waiting for and they didn’t even know it. A prequel! Can you believe it?From the moment I was told about this book I could feel the hairs starting to prick up on my arms. I love the Kim Stone series (I hide it well, I know) and anything that is going to give me a fix of my favourite characters is always going to be a winner with me. And what a story this is too. Not for the faint of heart, but nothing too gratuitous either, it is the ...more
Renita D'Silva
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Wow! Wow! The more I learn of Kim the more I adore her! She's the best detective ever in my opinion. What a character! Flawed and edgy and yet so supremely kind and extremely loyal. Rebellious and yet good. If I was in trouble I would give anything to have Kim Stone fight my corner. And her team! Love every one of them - more so the more I learn about them! This author is definitely the best crime writer of today in my opinion. Not only does she tell a fantastic story but she creates ...more
Sam
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book as a Christmas present to myself. Which means I must apologise to my in-laws whose company I largely ignored on Christmas Day and Boxing Day so that I could binge-read it whilst grazing fairly continuously on chocolate, mince pies and red wine.

The thing is though, that that's how gripping a good Angela Marsons novel can be. And this one is better than good. It's fabulous.

It came as a surprise, partly because I had heard nothing about it prior to its release date. But mainly
Els
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know the feeling when it’s like Christmas, Easter and all the other holidays are happening on the same day? Well, it was one of those days today. I got to read the new Angela Marsons !!!! Happy dance!

What a story! This honestly did not really come as a surprise because all her books are utterly gripping and true works of art.

I did not want to put the book away. Only when the rumbling of my stomach (in the meantime lunchtime has long passed) was so loud that I could not concentrate anymore, I
Elvan
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent intro/prequel to the whole DI Kim Stone series. There are murders to solve and a fresh new and not so new team Stone is assigned to lead. Someone is brutally killing men who have committed heinous crimes in the past. We meet the steady Bryant, eager to please new DC Stacy and the independent minded Dawson.

This is a terrific entry point into the series giving so much insight into the characters who make up the team. If you've never read the series I would start here and then move back
Helga
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: british, crime, mystery, series
4.5

Angela Marsons is one of my “I don’t want to know what is the book about before reading, I don’t want to read any reviews or see any ratings, I just want to dive in, blind” authors. She never disappoints.

First Blood is a prequel to the series. This is where it all begins; where four diverse characters converge to become one of our favorite detective teams.
In the meantime, there is a killer with a thirst for blood and he is on a roll. He is going to strike again and again unless he is caught.
Nic
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 brilliant stars!

Having read all of Angela’s other books in the series I couldn’t wait to read this.

I’m not normally a big fan of prequels but this was great - contextualised the back story of the characters to the point where I finished the book wanting to read the whole series again!

Only dropped a star because of Dawson’s character really; and it was a tad far fetched how it all fell into place.

But a great book that kept me gripped.
Paula
Dec 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Barely a 5.
Emma Bunting
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After the surprise release of First Blood by Angie Marsons this morning, I can without zero guilt at all, confess that I have barely moved off my sofa today! Do I feel bad? Do I heckers like!!!

After reading all the rest of the series, this was a brilliant surprise to find out that we were going right back to the beginning, to where it all began. Getting reintroduced to “The Team” was just like being at a much awaited reunion where you are just so pleased and excited to see everyone again.

The
Maggie
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all of the Kim Stone books since the first one so I was delighted to hear that Angela Marsons was taking us back to the very beginning where Kim & her team get together.

Kim Stone has been shuffled from police station to police station. She has a reputation for being a brilliant detective but very difficult to work with. She enters Halesowen Station thinking she will be here only briefly. When a man is found beheaded & mutilated she is given a selection of police officers
Sophie Whitbread
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*First Blood by Angela Marsons REVIEW*

If you've been following me for a while you will know that Angela Marsons is one of my all time favourite authors. Her Kim Stone series is amazing, so when she announced last week that she was releasing First Blood which was part of the Kim Stone series but set BEFORE the series began, I brought it straight away!

As I previously said above, this follows Kim, meeting her new team for the first time and how she figures out each of their strengths whilst trying
Joann
This was an unexpected book for me. Though written this year, it takes place when Kim is just tasked with her band-new team. It give you the low-down on all the people she works with. Not only does she have to deal with all new personalities but they also have to deal with a young man who is found beheaded and staked to the ground. While searching the man's home they find a little girl's bedroom and a hidden laptop. From here it gets even more gruesome as more mutilated bodies appear and Kim ...more
Nicola Southall
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best kept secret this year...a new Angela Marsons, Kim Stone series book and not only that it’s the prequel the the rest of the series.
Loved every second.
This is where we find out how Kim Stone and the rest of the team find themselves working together at Halesowen Police station.
With a gritty crime to solve will they be able to work together?
Will they solve the crime?
Will they stay as a team?
Angela Marsons is genius, she’s done it again another brilliant book and to go back to the
Kelly
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Angela Marsons has once again proven she is the master! I was hooked from the first page. It was awesome to see the beginning of this team and the first case they worked together. Nothing ever feels contrived or forced with Marsons writing and you feel like you know these characters and are totally invested in the story. And as always, you think you know who’s guilty and she throws you a curveball. If you haven’t read any of these books you are truly missing out!
Marika Charalambous
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We go back to the beginnings of the team and their first ever case together. I was curious to see how they would gel together and what their backstories are, and I was not disappointed. It was a fun and deliciously gory read.

Full review at https://mysterysequels.com/book-revie...
Lisa B
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
An excellent addition to this wonderful series.
Helen
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant loved finding out how the team got together!
Vivienne
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although this book was called the prequel, I really enjoyed learning about the beginning of the formation of Kims team. the investigation was good. highly recommend
Gill Chivas
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Really enjoyed this prequel to the Kim Stone series, it was very interesting to see the team coming together. Great story and as always kept me guessing til the end!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Blossom Twins (Detective Natalie Ward #5)
  • Broken Souls (D.I. Lottie Parker, #7)
  • WRONG VICTIM an absolutely gripping crime mystery with a massive twist (Detective Rachel King thrillers Book 3)
  • Cold Heart Creek (Detective Josie Quinn #7)
  • Nine Elms (Kate Marshall, #1)
  • Ryan's Christmas (DCI Ryan Mysteries #15)
  • Hysteria (Alexander Gregory Thrillers, #2)
  • Impostor (Alexander Gregory Thrillers, #1)
  • The Girls in the Lake (Beth Adams #2)
  • Blood and Treachery (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers #4)
  • The Sleepover (Detective Natalie Ward #4)
  • Break the Silence (Detectives Kane and Alton, #7)
  • MURDEROUS SECRETS (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #6)
  • Blood Rites (DI Kelly Porter, #6)
  • Woman in the Water (DS Imogen Grey, #6)
  • Borderlands (DCI Ryan Mysteries #14)
  • Single
  • The Snow Killer (DI Barton, #1)
Angela is the author of the Kim Stone Crime series. She discovered a love of writing at Primary School when a short piece on the rocks and the sea gained her the only merit point she ever got.
Angela wrote the stories that burned inside and then stored them safely in a desk drawer.
After much urging from her partner she began to enter short story competitions in Writer's News resulting in a win and

D.I. Kim Stone (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Silent Scream (D.I. Kim Stone, #1)
  • Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone, #2)
  • Lost Girls (D.I. Kim Stone, #3)
  • Play Dead (D.I. Kim Stone, #4)
  • Blood Lines (D.I. Kim Stone, #5)
  • Dead Souls (D.I. Kim Stone, #6)
  • Broken Bones (D.I. Kim Stone, #7)
  • Dying Truth (D.I. Kim Stone, #8)
  • Fatal Promise (D.I. Kim Stone, #9)
  • Dead Memories (D.I. Kim Stone, #10)
“Once you laid eyes on the victim, assessed the body position, wound, circumstances, there was a bond, a connection, not only to the victim but to the killer. It was that instinct; that need to know every detail, to find the person responsible.” 0 likes
“The numbers 1488 were common on white supremacist prisoners, representing fourteen words of a quote by Nazi leader David Lane and the ‘88’ standing for the eighth letter of the alphabet repeated: HH for Heil Hitler. The cobweb she knew typically represented a lengthy term in prison and the teardrop often signified that the wearer had committed murder, or attempted murder if it was simply an outline.” 0 likes