What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Sci-Fi Time Travel book. Siblings end up on a spaceship and end up traveling through time trying to get home and seeing amazing things, the end of earth and beyond. Read 2001-2005.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Lott | 5 comments I'm not certain exactly when I read the book but I'm fairly certain I read it while I was in high-school, sometime between 2001 and 2005. I can't remember how the siblings end up on the ship but I know it's some sort of spaceship capable of time travel as they end up watching the earth until it ends, then continuing on to the end of the universe and even seeing the big bang of another one as they are trying to get back to their own time. Pretty sure the ship was only capable of moving forward in time and not backwards.

Any help would be appreciated.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35769 comments Mod
James, is this book for kids or teens?
How old are the main characters? Where do they live?

message 3: by James (new)

James Lott | 5 comments Kris wrote: "James, is this book for kids or teens?
How old are the main characters? Where do they live?"

That's why this is so difficult for me to figure this out. I'd say young adult, teens, ect. Definitely not a children's book. I don't remember how old the main characters are. Early teens maybe? I don't remember where they lived specifically aside from the fact that they ended up living on that space ship for a while. It ended up being more like the time machine from HG Wells in that I don't think it actually moved all the much, so they saw the earth as it moved forwards in time, it's eventual destruction from the sun, and then kept going eventually to the end of the universe (big crunch), then saw the next big bang. I can't remember why, but the universe ended up resetting and they were even eventually able to go home.

message 4: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 909 comments It’s not about siblings but could it be Strange Orbit by Margaret Simpson?