What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > scifi alien abduction bully and victim

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (last edited Sep 19, 2020 01:32PM) (new)

Robert Levin | 1 comments The alien interplanetary alliance decide earth is on the cusp of faster than light travel and has decided to judge humanity. if humanity fails the aliens will kill us by removing the earth from the solar system. triggering a cataclysm due to no more sun.
for judging they kidnapped three kids. the weak male Main Character, his strong female best friend, and the bully who torments the MC.

The story ends with the aliens deciding to kill humanity because the Bully is representative of our species. They offer the MC and friend sanctuary while everyone else dies because he's decent. The MC requests to return to earth. The aliens go "it's admirable that you want to be with your people at the end"
MC "This won't be the end. Some of us will survive. perhaps we will make a new sun out of nuclear bombs. I don't know. But I do know some of us will survive. I will tell the survivors who did this to us. And then we will come for you."
The aliens are terrified by the nice kid promising vengeance and they decide that killing humans is a bad idea since they don't have the warlike disposition to fight the survivors.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Sep 19, 2020 02:00PM) (new)

Kris | 35698 comments Mod
Robert, that's a good start. We need more information in the header/topic title (e.g., sci fi for kids/teens/adults, more plot details). Many members only read the headers. We have thousands of book requests, so threads with vague headers are closed.

Copy plot details from your message #1 to the header. Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 3: by Syberiawinx (new)

Syberiawinx | 4 comments Just hearing about the characters, maybe one of the books from the My Teacher Is An Alien series?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Te...

The three leads match up with what you describe, and the aliens do think about destroying Earth.

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2099 comments This sounds like a garbled memory of "Have Spacesuit Will Travel"
by Robert Heinlein - the aliens who judge humanity pick Kip (the hero) and Peewee (his friend) and a Roman Centurion from the past to use as the examples of humanity. When it looks bad for humanity, Kip asks to be sent home to suffer the same fate as the rest of humanity (losing the Sun), saying: "All right, take away our star- You will if you can and I guess you can. Go ahead! We'll make a star! Then, someday, we'll come back and hunt you down-all of you!'"

message 5: by Nachelle (new)

Nachelle | 146 comments I agree with Syberiawinx; it does sound like "My Teacher Flunked the Planet" by Bruce Colville too. The bully is somewhat reformed by this point in the series though.