What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Rules
This topic is about Rules
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fiction book in which a girl meets a boy who is in a wheelchair in the hospital. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Areeg (new)

Areeg | 5 comments I remember reading this book in middle school so sometime in 2007-2010. I think the main character, a girl was visiting her brother in the hospital when she stumbled upon another boy her age. I remember her describing him with blue eyes and the fact that he was permanently in a wheelchair. He seemed resentful but they soon became friends and began to like each other. I recall a scene pretty vividly; the main character aka the girl took the boy in the wheelchair outside and ran while pushing the wheelchair so that he could experience what it feels like to run.

I know this book was pretty popular during the time and originally I thought it might be Carl Hiaasen's work, but can't seem to find a match. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16151 comments Were the characters teenagers or younger children?

Was there a romance or just friendship?

message 3: by Areeg (new)

Areeg | 5 comments I think they were teenagers. I feel like they became friends and it slowly blossomed into love. Not exactly sure though.

message 4: by Areeg (new)

Areeg | 5 comments I think I found it! Rules by Cynthia Lorde. I think I had some of my details messed up, but it definitely seems like the book.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16151 comments Glad you found it!

Rules for the link.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Rules (other topics)