What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Time of the Ghost
This topic is about The Time of the Ghost
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fiction - not Lovely Bones!! [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace Walker | 2 comments Read between 2004-2006. The POV is a girl (early teen) who wakes up on the road to her home. She goes to her house, a big old house (possibly a farm), but her family can’t see or hear her. After a lot of confusions and trying to piece bits together, it turns out she is dead. Her spirit then follows her family around the house and gardens. I’m sure there was a big secret or some reveal about her death. I think she had a few siblings as well. There was an orchard that was on the property that featured quite heavily in it. I have ruled out Lovely Bones as the character seems to know straight away she has been killed, this book was very much about the girls confusion and trying to figure out what’s going on. Please help, this is driving me mad!

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim (kimiq) | 14 comments This sounds a little like Time of the Ghost by Diana Wynne Jones. In that one she has to figure out which one of three sisters she was and what happened to her.

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
The Time of the Ghost -- link to Kim's suggestion

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace Walker | 2 comments You absolute super star!!! Thank you soooo much! This has bugged me for years!

message 5: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim (kimiq) | 14 comments AHH so glad I could help! ☺️ I love this little book, it's so well written and very haunting.