What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Secret of Platform 13
This topic is about The Secret of Platform 13
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Children's fantasy. Magical land that links to ours through a cave. Baby Prince or princess is accidently left behind in our world, and years later a group goes back to find him/her. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new)

Ben | 3 comments Read when i was maybe young so 1990 to 2005ish. Magical world where the only child of the king and queen cried a lot. Had 3 triplet sisters as nannies, with red hair and freckles. They loved fish and chips. One day they went through a magic door/ cave, that only opens every 10 years or so for a short time. They accidently left the child behind, and everyone was very sad. Many years later, when the door can open again, a group goes back to find the child. In the group was at least one of the sisters, maybe more, and an elderly wizard, who was in charge. I think they find the child and he helps them to get back to their world. Sorry, thats all i can remember.

message 2: by Ben (new)

Ben | 3 comments There was also something about some small white seal like animals. Think they were magic and sang a tune, like a lulluby. Fairly sure they were important, and part of the quest was also to save one of these.

message 3: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2064 comments This is most definitely The Secret of Platform 13 by Eva Ibbotson!

message 4: by Emilie (new)

Emilie (emilierose) | 137 comments Agreed. Secret of Platform 13

message 5: by Ben (new)

Ben | 3 comments Yes! That's it! Wow, I remember enjoying it so much. Not sure how much I remember about the book is correct, but I'm looking forward to getting a copy to read and find out. Thank you both so much for your help :)