What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

How Not to Be Popular
This topic is about How Not to Be Popular
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Tween book about girl w/ hippie parents and she does a cartwheel in a movie theater on a date with a boy. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Graciella Delgado (grapiedeltaco) | 2 comments I don't know when it was published but I read this around the late 2000s/early 2010s.

The story follows a young girl (Junior High/Early High School age) who is desperate to be "normal" but she has eccentric hippie parents and I think they move to an inner city ? And although she wants to blend in, she's very odd and can't help getting herself into awkward situations and I very vividly recall one scene where she's on a date with a boy she doesn't like (kind of) who she wants to stop having a crush on her so she tries to sabotage their date at a movie theater but it's going well so she panics and does a cartwheel in the middle of the movie theater but the floor is sticky so she tumbles and her skirt flies up and it's really embarrassing.

I can't remember any character names or what the title could be and it's driving me crazy!! Thanks !

Graciella Delgado (grapiedeltaco) | 2 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "How Not to Be Popular"

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15777 comments You're very welcome, glad to help out!