Horror Aficionados discussion

Short Stories > Who else enjoys reading/listening to Creepypastas?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick Silverstein (nsilvers) | 7 comments I love to read Creepypastas. My favorite narrator is CreepsMcPasta on Youtube. I'm planning on reading the full version of "Penpal" soon.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann Schwader (annkschwader) | 97 comments Can someone please explain the term "Creepypasta" to me? Many thanks!

message 3: by Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ (last edited Sep 08, 2020 05:00PM) (new)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I’ve only watched a creepypasta through another YouTube showing the video. I don’t really know anything about it. Where do you read it from ?

message 4: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystallee6363) | 764 comments Ann wrote: "Can someone please explain the term "Creepypasta" to me? Many thanks!"

Yep I am in the dark here, too!

message 5: by Canavan (new)

Canavan | 554 comments Ann said (in part):

Can someone please explain the term "Creepypasta" to me?

The following is from the Wikipedia entry for the term.

“Creepypasta is a portmanteau of the words creepy and copypasta; the term was coined on the imageboard 4chan around 2007.

Creepypasta originally referred to short user-generated horror stories that were copy and pasted across the internet; the term has since become a catch-all term for horror content posted onto the internet. The subject matter of creepypasta varies widely and can include topics such as ghosts, murder, zombies, and haunted television shows and video games. Creepypastas range in length from a single paragraph to lengthy, multi-part series that can span across multiple media types.”

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Hmmm, guess I should google it and try to find one 😳

message 7: by Alan (new)

Alan | 5088 comments Mod
In addition to YouTube there are whole websites dedicated to Creepypastas where you can read the stories. Google is your friend.

message 8: by destiny ♡⚔♡ (last edited Sep 09, 2020 03:27PM) (new)

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries] (howlinglibraries) | 97 comments I strongly recommend the r/creepypasta subreddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/creepypasta/

This is where creepypasta really blossomed and there are so many good stories and authors. Many of the authors who began on this subreddit have gone on to become published writers, including C.K. Walker/Rebecca Klingel, who is on the writing team for the Haunting of Hill House show!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Thank y’all 😊

message 10: by Clay (new)

Clay (clayhuston) | 1 comments If ya'll are into creepypastas, this is a story written by a redditor that got developed into an exclusive series on ThrillUs. It's very good

https://www.thrillus.pub/p/kafkaesque1

message 11: by L. (new)

L. McCoy (l_mccoy) | 61 comments I’mma be honest, I like the idea but usually don’t care for the actual stories or execution. Partially because some of them get repetitive IMO. A good example is I love the idea behind some of the lost TV episode and movie ones but it also sorta feels like once I read 2 or 3, I read all of them. Not entirely knocking them, just ain’t for me I guess.

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7245 comments Clay wrote: "If ya'll are into creepypastas, this is a story written by a redditor that got developed into an exclusive series on ThrillUs. It's very good

https://www.thrillus.pub/p/kafkaesque1"

Yes, this is pretty good!