Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Archives > Fall '20 Read-A-Thon: Team Sign-up

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (new)

Laura | 3821 comments Mod
It's the start of another new season and that means the kick off of another read-a-thon!

For those of you who have done a read-a-thon for the this group in the past, this should look familiar. If you're new to this, allow us to explain!

What do I have to do to participate?
If you are interested in participating and can commit to actively engaging in the read-a-thon, then please sign up in the comments below. We have chosen the categories so this group activity is fair and fun for readers of all speeds.

Please only sign up if you can commit to checking in with your team (on Goodreads) at least 5 times during the time from September 12-20.

How many teams will there be?
It will greatly depend on how many people sign up and how much they think they will be able to read. We are targeting 10-13 people per group.

QUESTIONNAIRE (This helps us sort teams!)
1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
2. How many books do you usually finish in a week?
3. Which time zone do you live in?
4. Can you commit to checking in with your team frequently during the read-a-thon?
5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.)

message 2: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 1719 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium

I think, I can read 4 books for the read-a-thon though I will try for more.

Mountain

4. Can you commit to checking in with your team frequently during the read-a-thon?
Yes

5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.)
No

message 3: by Kathy Jo (new)

Kathy Jo (kjsotr) | 272 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Medium
2. How many books do you usually finish in a week? Lately, lucky to finish one. But I have a couple short books I saved for the readathon.
3. Which time zone do you live in? CST
4. Can you commit to checking in with your team frequently during the read-a-thon? Yes
5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.)? No

message 4: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 851 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium to fast, depending on circumstances (100 pages per day + audio)

About three typically

Pacific

Yes

Sure!

message 5: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 965 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
- I'm a fast reader.

- I usually average 3 - 5 books a week.

- Central Standard Time

- Yep

- Sure

message 6: by Roxana (new)

Roxana (luminate) | 398 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Fast

4-6

Pacific

Yes

Not this time :)

message 7: by Dori (new)

Dori (daisydori) | 168 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Medium

2. How many books do you usually finish in a week? 2-3

3. Which time zone do you live in? BST

4. Can you commit to checking in with your team frequently during the read-a-thon? Yes

5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.) No

message 8: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 487 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Medium

2. How many books do you usually finish in a week? 4-5

3. Which time zone do you live in? UK (BST)

5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.) I'd rather not.

message 9: by Aimee (last edited Sep 08, 2020 08:48AM) (new)

Aimee (pebbles320) | 395 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Depends on the book! Probably medium to fast.

4 or 5

British Summer Time (GMT+1)

Yes

Maybe a co-leader with someone else?

message 10: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (patchworkbunny) | 1752 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium
2-3
BST
Yes (I might go camping but we usually have signal from the tent!)
5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group?
Not this time

message 11: by Karissa (new)

Karissa | 440 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Medium
2. How many books do you usually finish in a week? 2
3. Which time zone do you live in? EST
5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.) No

message 12: by Bec (new)

Bec | 783 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium

1-2

Australian Central Standard time

Yes

No thanks

message 13: by Sara (new)

Sara (phantomswife) | 930 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Medium

3. Which time zone do you live in? Eastern

5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.) No.

message 14: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Harris | 818 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed? Medium
3. What time zone do you live in? EST
4. Can you commit to checking in frequently with your team? Yes
5. Are you interested in being a team leader? No thank you.

message 15: by Sue (last edited Sep 11, 2020 05:54AM) (new)

Sue S | 351 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Medium
3. Which time zone do you live in? Western Australia (UTC+8)
5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.) Maybe - I see there are very few Aussies so maybe I could do it!

message 16: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (fancynancyt) | 1016 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Medium
3. Which time zone do you live in? US/Mountain
5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.) Not this time

message 17: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Luchetti | 731 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Medium
2. How many books do you usually finish in a week? 2-3 but would go for 5 or 6 during a readathon
3. Which time zone do you live in? Pacific Standard Time (PST)
4. Can you commit to checking in with your team frequently during the read-a-thon? Yup

message 18: by Robin P, Orbicular Mod (new)

Robin P | 1884 comments Mod
1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Fast
2. How many books do you usually finish in a week? 2-3 but would read more short books in Readathon, maybe 6
3. Which time zone do you live in? US Central
4. Can you commit to checking in with your team frequently during the read-a-thon?Yes
5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.) Yes, if needed

message 19: by Errlee (new)

Errlee | 165 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium although trending to slow lately :(

These days 2 - but hoping for at least 4 for the readathon

3. Which time zone do you live in? EST

5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.) Sorry, no

message 20: by Jen K (new)

Jen K | 414 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium

3 ish

EST

Yes

Not this time

message 21: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 802 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Slow
1-2
Pacific
Yes
5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.)
No thank you

message 22: by Traci (new)

Traci (tracibartz) | 981 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
- medium - fast
- 2-3, but more during read-a-thon (probably at least 6)
- Pacific
- Yes, more frequently starting Wednesday
- Not this time.

message 23: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 991 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Slow - Medium
2. How many books do you usually finish in a week? 1 or 2
3. Which time zone do you live in? Pacific

message 24: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Kristick | 633 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Depends on the book!
Fast

5-7

Pacific Daylight Time

Yes

Yes

message 25: by Ailsa (new)

Ailsa Leitch | 6 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium

2-3

EST

Yes

No

message 26: by Jax (new)

Jax (jaxn) 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Fast
4-5

PST

Yes

No

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sezziy) | 603 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Medium

3. Which time zone do you live in? BST

4. Can you commit to checking in with your team frequently during the read-a-thon? At least once a day

5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.) No thanks

message 28: by Tracy, Constellation Mod (new)

Tracy (tracyisreading) | 2542 comments Mod
Medium

At the moment 1-3

EST

Yes

Sorry, kids are back to remote school and too many other appointments.

message 29: by SarahKat (new)

SarahKat 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium-Fast

4ish

Mountain

Yes

No sorry- I'd spend the whole time organizing and not reading.

message 30: by Steven (new)

Steven McCreary | 141 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium
1-2 depending
PST
Yes
No

message 31: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2704 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium

2-3

EST

At least once per day

No

message 32: by Irene (new)

Irene (eyereeen) | 405 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Fast!

Varies a lot but aiming for at least 4-5 for this challenge!

Pacific

Yes!

Sure!!

message 33: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Chiasson | 65 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium/Fast
3-4
USA-EST
Yes!
Sure!

message 34: by Johanne (new)

Johanne *the biblionaut* | 1622 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium
2-3
Danmark/ Europe, European Central /Gmt +1 or 2
Yes
No thanks

message 35: by Jackie, Solstitial Mod (new)

Jackie | 1346 comments Mod
medium
2-3
CST
yes
5. Are you interested in being a team leader for your group? (i.e. keeping track of team totals, needed tasks, updating spreadsheet, etc.) Nooooooooo. Gonna be a bit busy lol

message 36: by Perri (new)

Perri | 782 comments QUESTIONNAIRE (This helps us sort teams!)
Slow
2. How many books do you usually finish in a week?2
3. Which time zone do you live in?Pacific
4. Can you commit to checking in with your team frequently during the read-a-thon?Yes

message 37: by Joan (new)

Joan Barnett | 1593 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Slow in this group
2. How many books do you usually finish in a week? 1-2 but I usually read about 4 in a read-a-thon
3. Which time zone do you live in? Eastern
4. Can you commit to checking in with your team frequently during the read-a-thon? yes

message 38: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Brown | 379 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
slow
EST
Absolutely!

message 39: by Fee (new)

Fee | 98 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Slow
2. How many books do you usually finish in a week? 1 (2-3 during a readathon)
3. Which time zone do you live in? CET

message 40: by Ira (new)

Ira | 292 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Medium
3. Which time zone do you live in? CET

message 41: by Pam (new)

Pam (bluegrasspam) | 2568 comments 1. Slow
2. 1.5
3. Mountain
4. Yes
5. No

message 42: by Edie (new)

Edie | 848 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Medium but of late I seem to be going more slowly.

2-3

Central

Yes

No

message 43: by Joi (new)

Joi | 40 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
fast
7-8
EST
yes
nopeeeeee.

message 44: by Devin (new)

Devin | 202 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)? Medium
2. How many books do you usually finish in a week? 3-4
3. Which time zone do you live in? Pacific

message 45: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey Keathley-Jones (keathleyc) | 234 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
Fast

4 to 5

EST

Yes

Not this time

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Medium

1-3

British Summer Time (GMT+1)

Yes

No

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 185 comments 1. Medium
2. 2-3
3. AST
4. yes
5. no

message 48: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 709 comments 1. What is your estimated reading speed (slow, medium, fast)?
slow

1 or 2

CET

Yes (hopefully I won't get sick this time...)

No

message 49: by Hilde (new)

Hilde (hilded) | 789 comments 1. Slow
2. 1
3. CET
4. Yes
5. No

message 50: by Maggie (last edited Sep 11, 2020 08:18PM) (new)

Maggie | 64 comments Is it too late to sign up? If not, I’d like to join please.

Slow
1-2
+8
Yes
No

« previous 1