What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Herbert's Treasure
This topic is about Herbert's Treasure
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's Picture book. Boy collects too much Junk. Finds a special key that opens a cabinet. Black-and-white pencil illustrations. Red cover? Read in 1980s. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ryan | 4 comments This is a book I liked as a kid and it’s about a kid that collects junk and the junk gets overwhelming and he’s eventually asked to get rid of most of it.

He keeps one cabinet and eventually finds a new that opens the cabinet and he keeps those two things.

The illustrations are all done in pencil and the book is in black and white. I believe it had a red cover.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19600 comments When did you read it?

Is this a picture book or a child's novel?

Ryan | 4 comments I read the books in the 80s and it seemed like it was written in the 70s/80s.

The illustrations were on every page- not a novel.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35362 comments Mod
Ryan, I added some details to the topic header/title, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

You can update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

-- Can you tell us more about the magic key?

Ryan | 4 comments Thanks for your help! I’m not sure magic was the best description and it wasn’t a fantasy book.

The key was part of his junk and it had a ribbon on it. That key opened a cabinet he found which was “magic” to him as the odds were very slim.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35362 comments Mod
Thanks. I tweaked the header a bit. Feel free to edit it.

message 7: by Ayshe (new)

Ryan | 4 comments Ayshe wrote: "Herbert's Treasure maybe?"

Yes!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!