The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

68 views
TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2020 > 25.5 - Whitnie I's Task: First and Last

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Aug 31, 2020 08:14AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4964 comments Mod
25.5 - Whitnie I's Task: First and Last

This is the first time I have finished the challenge and odds are it will be the last. Not because I don't read but because as a Nurse I work long hours and don't always use my time off for reading alone. This summer I was able to use a few weeks vacation which enabled me to read lots and it was glorious.

For this challenge you need to read 1 book 1 and 1 book 2
OR read ONE book with at least 500 pages that fits both tasks.

Book 1, First: Read a book that is #1 in a series. The series name and number must be indicated in the GR title listing, in grayscale parentheses following the title.

Book 2, Last: Read a book with the MPG Apocalyptic or a variation of the word. The genre may be standalone or embedded, such as:
Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic
Science Fiction > Apocalyptic
Apocalypse


message 2: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Reserved


message 3: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Reserved


message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4964 comments Mod
This help thread is open!


message 5: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 975 comments Can you please verify MPG of apocalyptic for Afterland?


message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7755 comments just to confirm - Feed worked for the 1 book option
1) first in series
2) shelved by 451ppl as Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic


message 7: by Whitnie (last edited Aug 31, 2020 09:06AM) (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Afterland verified!


message 8: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments "just to confirm - Feed worked for the 1 book option
1) first in series
2) shelved by 451ppl as Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic"

Confirmed!


message 9: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 975 comments Whitnie wrote: "Afterland verified!"

Great. Thank you!!


message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 144 comments Could you please verify Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic as a MPG for Wool?

Thank you!


message 11: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Sarah wrote: "Could you please verify Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic as a MPG for Wool?

Thank you!"


Verified!


message 12: by Joanne (last edited Aug 31, 2020 09:30AM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 992 comments Could you please verify the MPG on these (sorry, just not sure what I am going to read yet). Thanks

Trail of Lightning
Prince of Thorns
Who Fears Death

Thanks


message 13: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Joanne wrote: "Could you please verify the MPG on these (sorry, just not sure what I am going to read yet). they will all work for a 1 book option once verified. Thanks

Trail of Lightning
[book:P..."


All 3 are verified!


message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine | 743 comments Could you please verify Of Blood and Bone for MPG Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic? Thank you!


message 15: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Christine wrote: "Could you please verify Of Blood and Bone for MPG Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic? Thank you!"

Verified!


message 16: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4123 comments Whitnie, I was not thrilled with your task as Science Fiction and especially Apocalyptic literature are not my favorites.

However, thanks to Christine, I found that Year One by Nora Roberts was on my Wishlist TBR. Since I enjoy the magic in some of Nora Roberts's books, I will go with this for Book 2. (Too bad it isn't long enough for the one book option!)


message 17: by Cat (new)

Cat (cat_uk) | 2435 comments Can you confirm Pandemic for the one book option please?
- #1 in series
- Apocalyptic MPG
- 696pages


message 18: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Bea wrote: "Whitnie, I was not thrilled with your task as Science Fiction and especially Apocalyptic literature are not my favorites.

However, thanks to Christine, I found that Year One by [a..."


I know how you feel, there was one task in the Summer that made me angry every time I looked at it! Trying to find a book I wanted to read that would fit took months. Glad you found something.


message 19: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Cat wrote: "Can you confirm Pandemic for the one book option please?
- #1 in series
- Apocalyptic MPG
- 696pages"


Verified!


message 20: by Aprilleigh (new)

Aprilleigh (aprilleighlauer) | 1200 comments Ooh, two good choices for the one-book option! And I haven't even checked my own books yet.


message 21: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kelly29) | 175 comments Can I please lock in Parable of the Talents as Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic ?


message 22: by Aprilleigh (new)

Aprilleigh (aprilleighlauer) | 1200 comments Please note Divergent for MPG Apocalyptic > Post Apocalytpic.


message 23: by Nick (new)

Nick (doily) | 2576 comments Can I get Winter World locked in as Apocalyptic?

Thanks.


message 24: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Kelly wrote: "Can I please lock in Parable of the Talents as Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic ?"

Verified!


message 25: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Aprilleigh wrote: "Please note Divergent for MPG Apocalyptic > Post Apocalytpic."

Verified!


message 26: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Nick wrote: "Can I get Winter World locked in as Apocalyptic?

Thanks."


Verified!


message 27: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2573 comments Hi, Witney

Could you confirm you can see Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic for Contagion?

It only has a handful of shelvings, and Apocalyptic is the bottom one.

Thanks.


message 28: by Sally (new)

Sally (sallysimply) | 541 comments Can I have The Fifth Season verified for MPG Apocalyptic, please?


message 29: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Trish wrote: "Hi, Witney

Could you confirm you can see Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic for Contagion?

It only has a handful of shelvings, and Apocalyptic is the bottom one.

Thanks."


Verified!


message 30: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Sally wrote: "Can I have The Fifth Season verified for MPG Apocalyptic, please?"

Verified!


message 31: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2573 comments Thanks, Whitney


message 32: by Amy (last edited Sep 05, 2020 07:29AM) (new)

Amy | 1307 comments Can you please verify Dead Surge for Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic which is currently last on the genre list? Thanks!


message 33: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Amy wrote: "Can you please verify Dead Surge for Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic which is currently last on the genre list? Thanks!"

Verified


message 34: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3812 comments Please confirm APOCALYPTIC for both:

Ashfall - and -
Ashen Winter


(Sadly # 1 doesn't meet the over 500 pg requirement ... and I may use it elsewhere ...)


message 35: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1695 comments Could you please verify The Second Sleep for Post Apocalyptic


message 36: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Please confirm APOCALYPTIC for both:

Ashfall - and -
Ashen Winter


(Sadly # 1 doesn't meet the over 500 pg requirement ... and I may use it elsewhere ...)"


Verified!


message 37: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Wanda wrote: "Could you please verify The Second Sleep for Post Apocalyptic"

verified!


message 38: by Meg (new)

Meg (megscl) | 1685 comments can you please verify apocalyptic for A Darkling Plain?


message 39: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Meg wrote: "can you please verify apocalyptic for A Darkling Plain?"

verified!


message 40: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (bookwrm526) | 1439 comments Hi! Can I get the genre Apocalyptic noted for The Girl in Red by Christina Henry? Thanks!


message 41: by Whitnie (new)

Whitnie | 281 comments Jessica wrote: "Hi! Can I get the genre Apocalyptic noted for The Girl in Red by Christina Henry? Thanks!"

Verified


back to top