Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's almost end of summer august reads

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3712 comments a good month for me - still leaning more towards lighter books right now.
A Piece of the World- christina baker kline
The Jetsetters- amanda eyre ward
The Confession Club- Elizabeth berg
Sex and Vanity- kevin kwan
Under the Southern Sky- kristy woodson harvey
The Sentinel- lee child
Three Single Wives- gina lamanna
The Good Sister- sally hepworth

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14693 comments Nice list Sherry! Lighter books keep rising to the top of the piles for me too. I watched the Friends and Fiction Zoom with Karin Slaughter that you shared on Barry's monthly post. It was a hoot!! I think Under the Southern Sky looks to be by one of the authors in the group. And I imagine the next Reacher isn't very light! How was it,, any noticeable changes being co-authored?

Sherry wrote: "a good month for me - still leaning more towards lighter books right now.
Under the Southern Sky- kristy woodson harvey
The Sentinel- lee child
"

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3712 comments Ann wrote: "Nice list Sherry! Lighter books keep rising to the top of the piles for me too. I watched the Friends and Fiction Zoom with Karin Slaughter that you shared on Barry's monthly post. It was a hoot!! ..."

Under the Southern Sky is by kristy woodson harvey who is one of the friends and fiction authors. it was good, but the whole time i was reading it, i kept picturing it as a hallmark movie :)
The Sentinel- also good. the same, but different. and not light lol

message 4: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments Nice month

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1309 comments Great month! You've got me very interested in getting to The Sentinel sooner than later!

message 6: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 451 comments Sherry wrote: "a good month for me - still leaning more towards lighter books right now.
A Piece of the World- christina baker kline
The Jetsetters- amanda eyre ward
[book:The Conf..."

I am finishing light reads more myself. I love Elizabeth Berg so added The Confession Club to my tbr shelf.

message 7: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2696 comments Comfortable end to summer.

message 8: by Sherry (last edited Sep 01, 2020 04:29AM) (new)

Sherry  | 3712 comments Bonnie wrote: "I am finishing light reads more myself. I love Elizabeth Berg so added The Confession Club to my tbr shelf.
"

She has written two more books that take place in the same town- it's kind of a series, but not really because all the books do stand on their own. she does mention characters from the other books.
The Story of Arthur Truluv and Night of Miracles. both were really good.

message 9: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 451 comments Sherry wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "I am finishing light reads more myself. I love Elizabeth Berg so added The Confession Club to my tbr shelf.
"

She has written two more books that take place in the same town- it's k..."

I loved Arthur Truluv and rated it 5 stars. I seem to think I also read The Night of Miracles and liked it, but for some reason I didn't rate it on here.

message 10: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1644 comments Those all sound good Sherry!