The Sword and Laser discussion

What's that book? (Rip in space/Humans as smallest possible life form

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 4143 comments I'm joining in a discussion on Quantized Inertia on Twitter with its theorist / proponent Mike McCullough. It's an awesome theory btw, and if it's proven it'll give us propellantless engines. Yes, I know, Dean Machine and all (and cold fusion and the EM drive and other unproven theories) but there is tantalizing evidence. And if it works...*hands shake*

Anyhoo, one of the discussion points reminded me of a book and I can't come up with the title. I don't really have a lot to go on. Any of the cognoSLcenti have some thoughts? Major points were:
* a rip in space that showed a true void underneath (this is later in the book)
* human beings as the smallest possible life form in the new form of the universe, up from bacteria (or similarly small life form) in the previous.

Any thoughts welcome. My friend Google tells me I don't have enough info to narrow the results.

message 2: by Trike (new)

Trike | 8768 comments Something like Micronauts or the MCU’s quantum realm? Doesn’t sound familiar. Is it an alternate universe where physics is different, like Stephen Baxter’s Raft?

message 3: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 4143 comments It's more like a science fiction philosophy book, along the lines of CS Lewis' Perelandra series but not as hardcore. Gah, I know I'm not giving much to go on.

The rip was not a portal but more like a zone where nothing can exist.

message 4: by Rick (new)

message 5: by Serendi (new)

Serendi | 848 comments Maybe A Wind in the Door? It's not superclose, but memory (yours and/or mine) can play tricks.