What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Synesthesia

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chara's Craftsations (last edited Aug 23, 2020 04:48PM) (new)

Chara's Craftsations | 1872 comments Fictional books that contain a character, due to magic, poison, drugs, blow to the head, etc. Starts tasting/smelling/hearing colors or other variations

Memory Man Amos Decker gets synesthesia after being violently hit on the head with a football.

Far from the Tree Maya does describes her emotions and feeling like colors.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19675 comments Like sudden synesthesia, or is it ok to suggest books where the characters have had it all their lives?

Chara's Craftsations | 1872 comments Either is ok. I’m sorry that I wasn’t more specific.

message 5: by Helena (new)

Helena | 36 comments The Secret Series Complete Collection is a series of YA books featuring characters with synesthesia.

Chara's Craftsations | 1872 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "No worries!

Blue Like Friday
A Mango-Shaped Space
One Plus One Equals Blue
The Colour of Bee Larkham’s Murder

Lots more here....

http..."

Thanks for the listopia. I was trying to find one but nothing came up. Next time I should just ask you.

Chara's Craftsations | 1872 comments Helena wrote: "The Secret Series Complete Collection is a series of YA books featuring characters with synesthesia."

Thank you.

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19675 comments Cara's Craftsations wrote: "Thanks for the listopia. I was trying to find one but nothing came up. Next time I should just ask you."

Glad to help! Just FYI, the search function is currently broken, so that's why it didn't come up for you. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Chara's Craftsations | 1872 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Cara's Craftsations wrote: "Thanks for the listopia. I was trying to find one but nothing came up. Next time I should just ask you."

Glad to help! Just FYI, the search function is currently broken..."

Oh! That's why. Thx for the info.

Chara's Craftsations | 1872 comments Thank you guys so much

message 13: by Julia (new)

Julia | 69 comments I have had synesthesia all my life... just didn't realize there was a word for it. 😏

message 14: by Chara's Craftsations (last edited Mar 30, 2022 10:36AM) (new)

Chara's Craftsations | 1872 comments Julia wrote: "I have had synesthesia all my life... just didn't realize there was a word for it. 😏"

Yeah that is common. We expect everybody else to "see" the world the way we do.