What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

City of Masks (Stravaganza, #1)
This topic is about City of Masks
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fiction- Boy who can travel to Venice in another dimension maybe? [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cassandra Barsby | 33 comments I read this book some time between 2005 and 2010. Was fairly new but maybe a few years old at the time. I think there may have been two main characters unrelated. One was a boy of 10-13 years old, and i think he was sick. He spent a lot of time in bed anyway, and somehow managed to find a way to transport himself to Venice. Maybe it was in a book or another dimension I remember in this other world he wasn't sick, but silver was more precious than gold, and so he used his silver earring as a talisman to help him go between worlds. Lots of talk of piazas and bazaars and obviously a villain out to get him. It sort of had the feel of inkheart, like a different world but not so different from ours. I think it was a series with 3/4 books. I think there may have been another main character who had the same ability, but the two characters weren't friends or anything and may not have even ever met. Honestly cant remember much else

Cassandra Barsby | 33 comments Ooh. That sounds close. I'll research the book youve suggested for a bit but that's probably it. Thank you!

message 4: by Florence (new)

Florence | 545 comments Maybe the thief lorde by Cornelia funke?

Cassandra Barsby | 33 comments I'll check that one out too. Thanks. 🙂

message 6: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 809 comments I agree with 'City Of Masks' Each book in the series features an equivalent of an Italian city (Florence, Sienna etc)

message 7: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5210 comments Cassandra Barsby wrote: "Ooh. That sounds close. I'll research the book youve suggested for a bit but that's probably it. Thank you!"

You clicked on the link, right?

Cassandra Barsby | 33 comments I did, but it doesn't sound fully like what I remember, so I'm reading about the book more to see if its the right one.

Cassandra Barsby | 33 comments I'm going to go ahead and say it was City of Masks. Its not exactly how I remember it, but it was 15 years ago so... I'm getting old now. 😂