Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2020 Challenge Archive > 2020 September Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 150 (150 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sonja (last edited Aug 20, 2020 12:17PM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments 2020 September PIFM Challenge

What is the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

The Pick-It-For-Me Challenge (PIFM) is a reading challenge where each participant gives and receives book recommendations based on a given a set of rules. The assignment method and book selection rules change each month so it’s always new and always different.

The idea of the PIFM challenge is that you will get new-to-you books and authors selected for you as well as a push to read some books that have been lingering on your shelves. You may not be interested in the new books recommended, which is why you also get a minimum of four books from your shelf.

You only have to read ONE book to complete this challenge!

After signups are closed, your names and any extra info will go into the super secret PIFM randomizer and it will select someone for you to recommend books to and someone to give you recommendations. This list will be posted along with any specific picking rules for the month.

In order to participate you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable), or friend the person giving you recommendations. PLEASE NOTE: if you choose to keep your profile private, it is your responsibility to send a friend request to the person picking for you as soon as possible after the matchups are posted. Whether your profile is private or not, it is also very important that your profile be set to receive Private Messages (PMs) in case anyone needs to reach out to you (mods, organizer etc.)

Everything gets done in this thread so be sure to come back often!!!

Repicks:
You can ask for repicks if:

✱ The books picked for you are not yet released.
✱ If you have already read the chosen book(s) and they are on your ‘read’ shelf.
✱ If you did not receive four picks from your ‘to-read’ shelf, with at least one from your preferred shelf.

You may NOT ask for repicks because:
✱ A book is not available at your library.
✱ A genre or author you don’t enjoy.

INFORMATION NEEDED TO SIGN UP
Please sign up in this thread with the answer to the following question:

TO SIGN UP
JUST FOR FUN Answer the question below. We won't have sorting groups this month, so this is just a teaser for this month's topics.
✱✱ In your opinion, what was the BEST thing to come out of the '80's? ✱✱

✱✱ If you have a preferred shelf, please list it along with your pick! ✱✱

IMPORTANT DATES

For your convenience a Time Zone Converter .

You’ll have until August 29 (7 pm US Pacific) to make your recommendations.

Please do not start reading your book(s) until the first of the month. You then have the entire month to read your pick(s) and give some feedback.

If you’re new please read the PIFM Guidelines and FAQ . If you have any questions that are not addressed there, please feel free to ask!

✱Please note that late sign ups will be included at the host's discretion and no one will be included after re-picks are assigned!✱

message 2: by Sonja (last edited Aug 20, 2020 12:23PM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments TIPS TO MAKE THE CHALLENGE ENJOYABLE FOR EVERYONE!

Pickees

✱ To help your picker understand the type of books you like or are currently reading, please make sure your ‘read’ shelf is up to date. You can create shelves for books you DNFed (Did Not Finish) or authors that don’t work for you as well as favorite books and authors. In addition, you might consider updating your profile. You can include info about your favorite books, authors, genres, themes or tropes (or themes/tropes you dislike – i.e. secret baby).
✱ Please do not specify likes/dislikes in the sign-up thread. This information will not be included in the pairings and your pickee may not see your message and does not need to rely on that information when making picks.

Pickers
✱ Please remember this is primarily a romance readers group. Thus, most, if not all, of your picks should be romance. There are various sub genres within the romance category - Contemporary, Historical, Paranormal, Romantic Suspense, Erotica, M/M, Urban Fantasy. If your pickee reads a wide variety, you could add a non-romance as a choice.

✱ You will be using 8 picking rules to select books for you pickee. Choose at least 4 new titles for your pickee. These can be brand new to them (not found on any of their shelves) or a book found on their shelves if they've never read any of the author's work previously. The remaining 4 titles should come from your pickee's tbr, with a minimum of one from their preferred shelves if provided. Be sure to pick at least one book for each picking rule, but please limit your picks to no more than two books per rule as sometimes having too many options is worse than too few.

✱ Please remember when you are giving new recommendations, you are not limited to titles that you have read. You can choose books that are new releases, on your tbr, or titles you looked up on Goodreads or Amazon that you think your pickee would enjoy.

A few hints to help with book selection:
✱ Check the book’s publishing date.
Select "date pub" from the checkbox selections and save.
✱ Check pickee's personalized shelves, especially their exclusive shelves. A personalized shelf is one the member has created. (e.g., 'to read next', 'favorites' ‘didn’t like’)
✱ Make sure the books you choose are not on their 'read' shelf. Just because it isn't rated doesn't mean it wasn't read.
✱ Look at your pickee's 'read' shelf and see what genres they have recently read or read the most. Reviewing their ‘read’ shelf might help you in choosing something they are interested in reading right now.
✱ If your pickee reads lots of books in a genre you are not familiar with (erotic romance, GLBT, YA, etc.) Contact the Mods or the month's organizer for guidance.
✱ Include a variety of books (e.g., shorter page count, new addition to their 'to-read' shelf, an older book on their 'to-read' shelf).
This variety gives your pickee options when choosing the book or books they will be reading this month. Use the sort feature within their shelves to determine date a book was added, published or read; page numbers, ratings, etc.

If you want to volunteer to make repicks:
✱ We love that you want to help out, but please remember those who need picks have been waiting for a long time already. Please only volunteer if you are able to make the repicks within a few hours of the deadline. Thank you!

message 3: by Sonja (last edited Aug 25, 2020 04:52PM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments PARTICIPANTS
Gabriella - pifm
Nayara - pfm
Mony a1-tpam-pmc
Carina - bookshelved
Laura - Want to Read
HeatherMarie - 0-picking
Fran - (private profile) a- pifm shelf
Tonya - pick for me
Romanticbookworm - pick-for-me
Aiswrya
Suzanne
Becca da - Want to Read
Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress Meet Greet Picks
Chaos Book Reviews Want to Read
LaurLa Pick Me please
NancyH
MountainKat To Read ASAP
Aminko Next Up 2020
ZaraS Read Next Home
KathyD C-M-G-41
Carrie Current TBR
Leena Aluru Romance
Sonja PIFM

message 4: by Sonja (last edited Aug 29, 2020 11:41AM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments PAIRINGS
Please pick for the person below you in the list. Remember, you must pick 4 new-to-them books as well as at least 4 books from their listed shelf below. You do not have to pick more than that!
Repickees will be added and books picked for them on or after the 29th, unless the repick volunteers are done with their initial picks sooner!

✔Becca da - Want to Read
✔Fran - (private profile-please friend first) a- pifm shelf
✔Leena Aluru Romance
Sonja PIFM
Aiswrya
Carrie Current TBR
Suzanne
✔ZaraS Read Next Home
✔KathyD C-M-G-41
✔Nayara - pfm
✔Gabriella - pifm
✔HeatherMarie - 0-picking
✔LaurLa Pick Me please
✔Tonya - pick for me
✔Carina - bookshelved
✔Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress Meet Greet Picks
✔Romanticbookworm - pick-for-me
✔Laura - Want to Read
✔MountainKat To Read ASAP
✔Mony a1-tpam-pmc
NancyH
Aminko Next Up 2020
Chaos Book Reviews Want to Read

REPICKEES
Tuha Nour my link text
NAME my link text

REPICK VOLUNTEERS
Nayara
Mony

message 5: by Sonja (last edited Aug 25, 2020 05:37PM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments September PIFM Challenge: 80s Decade
Question: In your opinion, what was the BEST thing to come out of the 80’s?
I’m not sorting this month, I just thought the question would be a fun teaser for this month’s topic!
September is my birth month and this one is a BIG decade change for me. Let’s spend September reading around my formative decade – the unique and colorful 80s! It was a decade of bright color, socioeconomic changes and BIG changes in technology as well as bright colors, power shoulders and bad hair. Whether you experienced the decade first hand, vaguely remember it or have only ever seen photos on Wikipedia, here are some of the key things that came out of this totally rad decade.

The Rise of Nintendo
While the 70s saw a growth in video and arcade games, the arrival of home computers nearly destroyed the industry, until Japanese company Nintendo revived it with the Famicom console and the still wildly popular Mario character. By 1989, Nintendo Entertainment System would claim 90% of the American video game market.
Recommend a book that
♫ is set in an Asian country
♫ has a nerdy or geeky character or character who plays video games at some point in the book
♫ has a fantasy or paranormal tag

Space Exploration
Space exploration took some exciting and tragic turns in the 80s. The arrival of Halley’s Comet in 1986 was met by a series of Soviet, Japanese and European Space Agency probes. After a six-year hiatus, America resumed space flights with astronauts with the launch of the Columbia in 1981. Several more successful launches occurred and then the tragic explosion of the space shuttle Challenger which brought forth extensive efforts to improve management practices for NASA. The Soviet space program continued to do well during the 80s.
Recommend a book that
♫ features lovers separated for any period of time
♫ has stars and/or the night sky on the cover
♫ has a character who is interested in science

The Cold War 1947-1991
The Cold War hit its peak during the 80s with the Soviet-Afghan War, the Invasion of Granada and the Salvadoran Civil Wars and came to an end just after the decade rolled out.
Recommend a book that
♫ includes some kind of war (your interpretation)
♫ is set in a country other than your own
♫ is tagged historical

The Fall of the Berlin Wall 1989
“Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall.” US President Reagan’s famous phrase. The fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 marked the beginning of German reunification.
Recommend a book that
♫ is set in Europe
♫ features a new beginning or a reformation (your interpretation!)
♫ has a gray cover or has a wall on the cover

Music Television, 1981
MTV launched on August 1, 1981 and catapulted music videos into a larger portion of the recording industry. Music from artists and groups ran the gambit of genres from Pop to Techno; Heavy Metal and Punk Rock. New devices such as the Sony Walkman, cassette tapes and, at the end of the decade, compact discs made private music portable – and public. The number of infamous artists and music groups that took off in the decade is way too long to list, but many are recognizable and/or have reappeared in the last several years.
Recommend a book that
♫ features music or some form of art (your interpretation)
♫ is part of a series
♫ has more than two people on the cover

Teen Flicks and the Brat Pack
The 80’s was most definitely the golden age of “teen flicks” and launched the term ‘Brat Pack’. Such films as Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Valley Girl, Dirty Dancing, Flashdance, Footloose and The Breakfast Club launched many actors who are high-profile celebrities today.
Recommend a book that
♫ is set in a school
♫ features a girl or woman on the cover
♫ has an NA or YA tag

Decade in Sports
Lots of major events came out of the ‘80’s in sports. The USA ‘Miracle’ Hockey team beat out the Soviet Union’s Red Army in the 1980 Winter Olympics. Canadian hockey great Wayne Gretzky’s rise to fame coincided with the Edmonton Oiler’s first 4 Stanley Cup championships. A Jamaican bobsled team stunned the world during the 1988 Winter Olympics in Canada for its unexpected good performance. Italy won the 1982 FIFA World Cup in Spain and Argentina won the 1986 FIFA World cup in Mexico. English team Liverpool F.C. were the most successful football club of the era. The San Francisco 49ers ushered in the ‘Joe Montana Era’ in the NFL and the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers dominated the NBA, a succession known as the Celtics-Lakers Rivalry.
Recommend a book that
♫ features a male only on the cover
♫ has a sports tag
♫ is set in any of the above named countries: Canada, England, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Jamaica, Soviet Union/Russia or United States.

LOUD Fashion
The ‘80’s saw an extravagant style modification that appears to be making a comeback. Popular styles included teased hair, ripped jeans, neon clothing and lots of colors/designs. Hairstyles included the perm, the mullet, the Jheri curl, the hi-top fade and big hair. Shoulder pads, jean jackets, aviator sunglasses and acid-wash jeans were just some of the styles worn. Miniskirts made a dramatic comeback after a decade absence. The term “Preppy” also came about with Izod polo shirts. And the makeup trends… oh goodness the makeup… aggressive, shiny and COLORFUL.
Recommend a book that
♫ with a bright or colorful cover
♫ features a stylish character or cover (your interpretation)
♫ has a contemporary tag

message 6: by Gabriella (last edited Aug 20, 2020 12:33PM) (new)

Gabriella | 203 comments I'm in! I guess the music, I'm not much into the 80s vibe.
My shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 7: by Nayara (new)

Nayara (nayalink) | 627 comments I'm in and I gotta say movies, movies, movies...
Plese, use pfm

description

message 8: by Mony (last edited Aug 23, 2020 04:27PM) (new)

Mony (mony1) | 611 comments I'm in!

Best thing of the 80s? Berlin Wall came down. Plus my 2 children were born in that decade!
Also loved The Clash...
a1-pifm-challenge-books‎ https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 9: by Carina (new)

Carina | 152 comments I'm in! Movies and music!
Use https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 10: by Laura (last edited Aug 20, 2020 02:54PM) (new)

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1928 comments Im in! Definitely music 💕

Use my want to read shelf, thank you xx

message 11: by HeatherMarie (last edited Aug 20, 2020 04:32PM) (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments I remember being an uncoordinated little kid and insanely jealous of this thing that my big sister had.
description

A good shelf: 0-picking

message 12: by Mony (new)

Mony (mony1) | 611 comments HeatherMarie wrote: "I remember being an uncoordinated little kid and insanely jealous of this thing that my big sister had.

A good shelf: 0-picking"

too funny! I had one of those! so retro...

message 13: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11255 comments I'm in! (private profile- happy to friend anyone who picks for me)

PIFM shelf- https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

The 80's was my decade! High School and College years :)
I will say that sports is the 80's was great- NY Islanders and NY Mets were all champions in the 80's.

message 14: by T (last edited Aug 20, 2020 10:53PM) (new)

T (tpinks315) | 35 comments I'm in - don't know if my profile is private but please friend me!

- The best thing of the 80's was me!!! 1983 baby!!!

Shelf is Pick For Me

message 15: by Romanticbookworm (new)

Romanticbookworm | 311 comments I'm in

I am going to say movies and music although I probably should say me considering I was born in 1989 🤣.

Please use my pick for me shelf. I am working solely on Kindle these days due to the pandemic and a house move (still waiting on moving stuff 🙄) so if you pick books I don't have I will let you know although I have tried my hardest to clean my list up but im sure I will find something as everyone always picks some amazing books

I have missed this challenge 😁.

message 16: by Aiswrya (new)

Aiswrya | 1660 comments I'm in!

I have to say Airheads (the candy)!! I would know! Growing up, I went to the dentist every 2 months to get my fillings refilled :P

message 17: by Suzanne (last edited Aug 21, 2020 01:40PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2078 comments I'm in and I'm going to say Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back!

message 18: by Becca da (new)

Becca da Romance Queen (becca_da_romance_queen) | 54 comments i'M IN!! I DON'T KNOW!! Dirty Dancing and Livin' on a Prayer
Please pick from my want-to-read shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 19: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments Romanticbookworm wrote: "I'm in

I am going to say movies and music although I probably should say me considering I was born in 1989 🤣.

Please use my pick for me shelf. I am working solely on Kindle these days due to th..."

So glad to have you back, Romanticbookworm!!!

message 20: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments Suzanne wrote: "I'm in and I'm going to say Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back!"

YAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!!

message 21: by Romanticbookworm (new)

Romanticbookworm | 311 comments Thanks Sonja it's good to be back I seen the previous months but I always missed the date. I've had a lot of upheaval in my personal life since end of last year so I wanted to wait until things were a bit more settled before jumping back in 😁.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's picks and no doubt adding another hundred books to my tbr 🤣x.

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1890 comments I'm in, best thing in the 80's was my boys born '88 & '89 :)

Shelf

message 23: by Jamie - The Bookish Attitude (last edited Aug 22, 2020 06:49PM) (new)

Jamie - The Bookish Attitude (thebookishattitude) | 80 comments totally in.
my favourite 80s movie is The Breakfast Club, so that with a side of NWA and Run DMC is my personal opinion of some of the best things to come out of the 80s.
Please use my want to read shelf.

message 24: by LaurLa (last edited Aug 22, 2020 06:19AM) (new)

LaurLa | 3585 comments I'd have to go with Dirty Dancing and Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on Me!!
Maybe Breakfast Club too... and 'mall hair' and leg warmers and sweatshirts with open necks that fall off your shoulder.

04-pick-me-please

message 25: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 963 comments I'm in. The music, for sure!

message 26: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21837 comments In please! Please use my to-read-asap shelf - thanks!

Best things from the 80s? Has to be my kids - all born in the 80s or maybe my marriage, also in the 80s...

I do have to say there are some good things listed above and some that absolutely make me cringe!!

message 27: by Aminko (new)

Aminko | 549 comments I'm in too! The best thing to come out to the 80's is the music for me.

Please pick from next up 2020

message 28: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer | 932 comments Best thing to come out of the 80s was the music.

My shelf: 2 read next home

message 29: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 2827 comments i’m in...and I think the movies were the best thing out of the ‘80s
c-m-g-41

message 30: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments Think I have the Participant post updated. Please double-check your links to ensure I put the right link in!

One more day to join!

message 32: by Mony (new)

Mony (mony1) | 611 comments Sonja wrote: "Think I have the Participant post updated. Please double-check your links to ensure I put the right link in!

One more day to join!"

My link is now posted and can be added. Thanks!

message 33: by Sonja (last edited Aug 24, 2020 03:14PM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments Updated to here! Thank you for the link, Mony!

Loving all your 80's memories! I totally had a skip-it too! The music! The hair! The movies! Ah!

message 34: by Leena (last edited Aug 25, 2020 04:07AM) (new)

message 35: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments Leena wrote: "Disco, and Disco.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

Welcome Leena!

message 36: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments Okay y'all! TODAY is the last day for signups with about 5 hours left to sign up.

That said, if you miss the deadline, DON'T despair! I never want anyone to miss out so please check back and we will get you in with the repicks once pickings are made!

message 37: by Nayara (new)

Nayara (nayalink) | 627 comments I can repick of needed

message 38: by Mony (new)

Mony (mony1) | 611 comments Sonja wrote: "Updated to here! Thank you for the link, Mony!

Loving all your 80's memories! I totally had a skip-it too! The music! The hair! The movies! Ah!"

Not sure what's happening but I keep posting the correct shelf link and then another appears. The current one you added is incorrect. ??? It's named a1-tpam-pmc‎ if that's helpful.

message 39: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments Mony wrote: "Sonja wrote: "Updated to here! Thank you for the link, Mony!

Loving all your 80's memories! I totally had a skip-it too! The music! The hair! The movies! Ah!"

Not sure what's happening but I kee..."

That helps, Mony! I'll run on over to your shelves and use that name to find the link! Thank you!

message 40: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments Okay signups closed for now while I do pairings. Anyone who signs up after now, we'll add to the Repicks list and you'll get your picks on the 30th or 31st!
stand by...…

message 41: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments Oopsie… almost forgot to include myself! lol

My fave part of the 80s (besides me in 1980) would be the music and then the movies!

message 42: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments Pairings posted!
Happy picking, y'all!

message 43: by Romanticbookworm (last edited Aug 26, 2020 08:53AM) (new)

Romanticbookworm | 311 comments Hi Laura your picks for the month are as follows

Rise of Nintendo
TBR - Beast in him by Shelly Laurenston - The Beast in Him (Pride, #2) by Shelly Laurenston (Paranormal)
NEW - His Reputation
His Reputation A Billionaire Geek Romance (Love Games Book 1) by Allyson Lindt (Geek Romance) or Kitty and the midnight hour bookcover:Kitty and the Midnight Hour|14461]

Space Exploration -

TBR- Daddy Wanted - Daddy Wanted (Rent-a-Dom #1) by Susi Hawke (Night)
NEW Mighty Storm The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) by Samantha Towle (lovers) or Private Arrangements Private Arrangements by Sherry Thomas (lovers)

Cold War 1947-1991

Recommend a book that -
TBR -Wicked Intentions Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt (Historical)
NEW- Beast of Beswick The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1) by Amalie Howard (Historical) or Laird of the mist Laird of the Mist (MacGregors, #1) by Paula Quinn (Clan War)

The Fall of the Berlin Wall -

TBR- Starting From Zero - Starting from Zero (Starting From #1) by Lane Hayes

NEW- Beautiful chaos by Riley Hart Beautiful Chaos by Riley Hart (gray) or Electric Sunshine Electric Sunshine (Brooklyn Boys #1) by E. Davies (gray)

Music Television, 1981-

TBR - Rythm you feel A Rhythm You Feel (The Rock Gods East Coast Label #1) by Ann Lister
NEW - Rocker who holds me The Rocker Who Holds Me (The Rocker, #1) by Terri Anne Browning or Storm Storm (Ashes & Embers, #1) by Carian Cole (Music)

Teen Flicks and Brat Pack

TBR -The Season - The Season by Sarah MacLean

NEW - Peer and The Puppet - The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play, #1) by B.B. Reid (New Adult) or Hood River Rat Hood River Rat (Hood River Hoodlums, #1) by K. Webster (New Adult)

Decade in Sports -

TBR - Stranded with his boss - Stranded with His Boss (Amber Falls #1) by Rheland Richmond

NEW-Grinder Grinder (Seattle Sharks, #1) by Samantha Whiskey

LOUD Fashion-

TBR - May The best man win - May the Best Man Win by J.R. Gray
NEW- Her Mad Hatter Her Mad Hatter (Kingdom, #1) by Marie Hall or Desperate Measures Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains, #1) by Katee Robert (stylish)

I hope you find something you like, if you need any repicks just let me know I tried to give you a decent mix.

Happy reading!.

message 44: by Leena (new)

Leena Aluru (mgleena) | 209 comments Hi Sonja Giive me couple of days and I'll post your picks for you . Happy Reading rill tnen.

message 45: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21837 comments Hi Mony! I'll work on your picks tomorrow - looking forward to digging through your shelves! 😊

message 46: by Mony (new)

Mony (mony1) | 611 comments MountainKat wrote: "Hi Mony! I'll work on your picks tomorrow - looking forward to digging through your shelves! 😊"

Great!
Please use this shelf...things have been messing up.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 47: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1127 comments Yay! 👏🏻 No rush Leena! Im not ready for August to end! Lol
Plus I read slower these days now school started so don’t feel you have to pick a ton of books! Thank you in advance!

message 48: by Laura (last edited Aug 26, 2020 03:45AM) (new)

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1928 comments Romanticbookworm wrote: "Hi Laura your picks for the month are as follows

Rise of Nintendo
TBR - Beast in him by Shelly Laurenston - The Beast in Him (Pride, #2) by Shelly Laurenston (Paranormal)
NEW - His Reputation
[bookcover:His R..."

Thank you! These are great picks, lots of variety and a few to add to my tbr. Got my weakness for retellings there, her mad hatter and beast of beswick look amazing. 😊

message 49: by Laura (last edited Aug 26, 2020 04:07AM) (new)

Laura  H (shardsofromance) | 1928 comments For MountainKat! You have such a variety of taste which i adore, i tried to provide a number of genres and so i hope you enjoy them. Let me know if want any repicks, im happy too 😊

The Rise of Nintendo
[tbr] The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3) by Nora Roberts Fantasy
[new] The One Decent Thing by Eliot Grayson Nerdy

Space Exploration
[tbr] Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1) by Lauren Blakely Seperated
[new] Dark Descendant (Nikki Glass, #1) by Jenna Black Night Sky

The Cold War 1947-1991
[tbr] Love Another Day (Masters and Mercenaries, #14) by Lexi Blake War
[new] Nova Praetorian by N.R. Walker Historical

The Fall of the Berlin Wall 1989
[tbr] Dance Away with Me by Susan Elizabeth Phillips New Beginning
[new] Gumption & Gumshoes by Alex Kidwell Gray/Wall