What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

DragonSpell (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about DragonSpell
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fantasy: A girl is raised as a slave, and sent by her owners (a whole village of a dwarf-like race) on a quest. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Baier | 5 comments This was actually a whole series, but I don’t remember where the books line up in the story. I think I read it between 2009 and 2012.

Some plot points:
-one of her (the MC’s) companions is attacked by a monster that causes full sensory deprivation, and she has to be exposed to like brightness and warmth to recover.
-the MC finds out that she’s not one of the dwarves when the woman who later turns out to be her long lost mother tells her that she’s pregnant, and has symptoms she didn’t expect because she was human.

Will update if I remember anything else.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Aug 19, 2020 11:05AM) (new)

Kris | 35698 comments Mod
John, how old is the main character? (In this group, YA = teens, Adults = about 20+)

message 3: by John (new)

John Baier | 5 comments Kris, I’m pretty sure it starts with her being around 15-16.

message 4: by SarahBeth (new)

SarahBeth | 86 comments Is this possibly Dragonspell DragonSpell (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #1) by Donita K. Paul It's the first in the series.

message 5: by John (new)

John Baier | 5 comments SarahBeth, that’s it! Thank you!

message 6: by SarahBeth (new)

SarahBeth | 86 comments John wrote: "SarahBeth, that’s it! Thank you!"
You are welcome. You did a great job with your description. I hope you enjoy them.

message 7: by John (new)

John Baier | 5 comments I read them back in middle school, but all I really remember is that I liked them, so I want to reread them.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

DragonSpell (other topics)