2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

If I Should Die (Lucy Kincaid, #3)
This topic is about If I Should Die
If I Should Die > Question I

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6191 comments Mod
Lucy identifies the body in the mine as Victoria Sheffield who turns out to be an FBI agent out of the Albany office. Her supervisor, Agent Marty Strong, was particularly hostile and skeptical of Lucy’s analysis, especially that she was involved with Jon Callahan. Do you believe he had deeper feelings for Victoria beyond being a colleague? Was he out of line or were his questions justified?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1647 comments I think that Agent Strong had deeper feelings for Victoria. He didn't want to accept that Victoria was involved with Jon Callahan. I don't think his questions were out of line, but his attitude certainly was.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6191 comments Mod
Oh, it was abundantly clear this guy had deeper feelings for Victoria than that of a colleague. There was nothing to suggest those feelings were returned so I believed it to be one way. If his judgment hadn’t been so clouded, he might have investigated her disappearance much differently.

I also believe that most of his questions were in line but he wasn’t asking them for clarity. He was all about dismissing Lucy’s theories because he didn’t want to accept she was seeing Jon and kept her investigation secret...from him. Made me wonder if he’d somehow gave her reason to be reluctant to bring in her own office because of his feelings towards her.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1647 comments There was definitely a problem in that office and whatever it was caused Victoria to keep this investigation off the books and that is what led to her murder. It was hinted that there was a leak, but going Lone Ranger got her killed.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 842 comments It was very clear that he had feelings for Victoria. I think that was why he was so hostile. And there was some kind of problem in that office.

Melissa (melissasd) | 673 comments Marty definitely has feelings for Victoria and he was in denial about everything. I'm sure deep down he knew Lucy was right.