Start by marking “If I Should Die (Lucy Kincaid, #3)” as Want to Read:
If I Should Die (Lucy Kincaid, #3)

If I Should Die

(Lucy Kincaid #3)

A TRIP TO THE DARK SIDE

Aspiring FBI agent Lucy Kincaid and her P.I. boyfriend, Sean Rogan, are heading to the Adirondack Mountains for a pleasant romantic getaway when they detour to help troubled friends, owners of a new resort who are battling malicious vandals. After Lucy and Sean pursue an arsonist into an abandoned mine shaft, Lucy stumbles upon an even more heinous
Published November 22nd 2011 by Random House Publishing Group (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about If I Should Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Should Die

Barbara ★
I particularly liked the relationship development between Sean and Lucy. There has been a real connection between them since the first book but it really shines in this one. And Lucy finally (view spoiler)

I love the intricacy of the various plots and how they intersect but still keep you guessing. Another fine romantic suspense from the Queen of suspense.
Terri Lynn
Jan 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
The title of the book is If I Should Die. I was hoping all the characters WOULD die. That sums it up.
Melissa
Not much to say. I like this series and this was once again another good story about Lucy Kincaid and her path to becoming an FBI agent. For some reason Lucy can't escape murder investigations, but she is smart so if not for her a lot of bad people would get away with murder. Off to the next!
Mike
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This comes out at 3 1/2 stars, with good action and a semi-convoluted yarn about Sean helping some friends stop saboteurs at their soon-to-open resort lodge.
Michael
Feb 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Just started this but so far seems to be full of overstatement, cliché and melodrama. Almost more comical than suspenseful...
Paraphrodite
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, listened
3.5 stars.

This one is quite action-packed with some friction between Lucy and Sean. I also liked that it's not a sexual case like the first 2 books. Noah Armstrong is back and front and centre in the action and so is Patrick, Lucy's brother and Sean's partner. All in all, a good story.
Reindert Van Zwaal
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one was real good! Fast pased, superb plot, tension built up perfectly to the climax at the end. The storyline was quite complex but still easy to follow. Certainly not what you expect at the start of a holiday trip xD
Marca
Jan 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feelings…whoa whoa whoa..feelings. I forgot that Allison Brennan incorporates romance/erotica into her mysteries. My bad. I had to listen to endless teen-type angst over the relationship of the two main characters. Lucy Kincaid (why can’t I tell Sean I love him?) and Sean Rogan (why can’t Lucy tell me she loves me?) Acckkk! The mystery is pretty good. Lucy is an FBI recruit and Sean is a private eye. While on vacation, they stumble onto a woman’s body in an abandoned mine. The body disappears by ...more
Christi Nash
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm not big on paperback romance novels unless they're classic Romanticism, which is generally more complex, so I honestly am not enjoying this mystery as much as I could because I find the romance between Lucy and Sean claustrophobic and annoying, and I'm not sure I will ever read another Allison Brennan mystery - not just because it contains romantic elements, but the romantic subplot is narcissistic and unrealistic, a bunch of crap about Sean reading Lucy's mind after only knowing her for fou ...more
Nikki Grossfeld
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Yet another novel in the Lucy Kincaid series holds up to Brennan's typical standards of suspense – on both the criminal and romantic levels. That being said, this novel was filled with various players, often making it a bit difficult to keep characters straight. If I Should Die focuses on the small town of Spruce Lake, previous and current criminal activity, and the people who are only running off of their deep desire for vengeance and revenge. Lucy Kincaid and boyfriend, Sean Rogan, originally ...more
Cecily Kyle
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: towers
I have had a lot of ups and downs with this series this far. The covers are what drew me in and I have read other Alison Brennan that I really enjoyed. It was different to have a psycho female as the villain but I had some time where I was a little bored. Not bad but I have read better.
I will continue the series because I am invested at this point.
Larissa
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally Posted at Welcome to Larissa & Friends' Bookish Life

**No Spoilers

I am addicted to the paranormal genres, but after reading J.D. Robb's great Romantic Mystery series, I decided to check out more series in the genre. Now I am a card carrying fan of Karin Slaughter, Lisa Gardner and most recently of Allison Brennan.

I had read Brennan's Paranormal series, but in the Procedural Thriller is where she shines as an author. Not only in the Criminal aspects but also in the interpersonal rel
Angel Walker
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Once again a book that I couldn't put down. Read it in one day and I have the urge to read it again. I thought this one was the best one so far in the Lucy Kincaid serious do to the level of craziness in this book. I love when the antagonist is just filled with pure lunacy and in this book for such a small town lunacy runs rapid. This book hit very close to home for me since the setting was in upstate New York which very close to where I live and I remember some of the incidents mentioned in the ...more
Melanie Chabrol-
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
What more can I say? that wouldn't give it away? Very well written,loved the ending, thanks to my dog, she woke me up and finished it this morning. will Lucy Kincaid and Sean Rogan ever get on with their lives? Ever have a decent vacation?, If you are up for a good challenge find out whom the good guys are between the bad guys, PS did i say it had a great ending............
Terri Wino
Aug 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: year-2014
Another good suspense story from Allison Brennan. I like the relationship development between Lucy and Sean, as well as involvement of other characters from previous books. Looking forward to the rest of the books in the Lucy Kincaid series.
Joan
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio, mystery
Lucy and Sean are supposed to be on vacation, when I friend asks them for help. Lucy is supposed to be relaxing before starting her new job. The friends are opening a resort, but it has been vandalize several times. The last time their kitchen was burned. The community is upset because a woman who grew up there called the Monster is back. She is a killer and enjoys killing. When Sean chases the boy who started the fire, while chasing him, he falls in a mine shaft. Lucy finds him and gets him out ...more
Jess
Apr 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

Book 3 in the Lucy Kincaid series finds Lucy and Sean away on a “sort of” vacation. They’re trying to help friends figure out who is vandalizing their new resort and preventing it from opening on schedule. What starts out as a vandalizing case which leads them to a 17 year boy that started the fire at the resort, opens up all kinds of secrets that the small town of Spruce Lake has been hiding for years. There are plenty of reasons that people don’t want t
Karen
Another book from my digital library that was a failure for me. I checked it out for a book challenge and unfortunately the library does not tell enough to know this is full of relationship romance. I dislike romance and tolerate just a small bit in a story. I did like the main characters, but not in the spotlight together. The story line was interesting; If it stuck more to the suspense I would have most likely really enjoyed it.
Meghan
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting story full of details and action. I enjoyed this story, but would definitely recommend others read the whole series before reading this one as the characters and storyline are constantly fluctuating. It is great to see the relationship between Lucy and Sean evolve, as well as her role as an aspiring agent.
Jessica Berry
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Boring premise. Not exciting like the prior Lucy Kincaid books. I couldn't get into this one whatsoever. I didn't follow the plot and I wasn't invested in finding out the culprit(s). I'll probably try again, since I do like these audiobooks, or I might jump to the next in the series.
Lawrence Grey
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the third Kincaid novel by Brennan and it was different from the first two and I found this one to be well developed and very entertaining! This was the eighth Siesta Key Beach read and of course free from the local public library.
Cfountain10
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

I'm so happy to have discovered Allison Brennan. This is the 3rd book I've read in the Lucy Kincaid series and the best so far. Although #1 and #2 were very good as well. All are stand-alone books but it helps with the under stories to read them in order.
Kristi
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like Kincaid. She is soft and a hard and a badass.
Vicki
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: digital-books
Not that good but I think I'd already read it.
Julie theriault
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
very good book
Debbie
Full review soon at Criminal Element, www.criminalelement.com.
Ann
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really liked it
Danielle Hofer-Crull
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the story line and it made me want to keep reading to find out who was behind the crimes.
Deborah
I was listening to this and had a really hard time keeping up with all the characters in the last few chapters.
Christine Milanowski
Awesome book

I love Allison's books, very great reading.
Keeps you thinking what's gonna happen next.
If you are looking for a good suspense book start with book 1 in the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Around the Year i...: If I Should Die, by Allison Brennan 1 12 Oct 29, 2017 11:11AM

• Dead by Morning (Griffin Powell, #12)
  • Midnight Fear (Chasing Evil, #2)
  • Did You Miss Me? (Romantic Suspense, #14; Baltimore, #3)
  • Cry Mercy (Mercy Street #2)
  • Twisted (Tracers, #5)
  • Pick Your Poison (Bullet Catcher, #8.5)
  • Obsession (Faces of Evil, #1)
  • Don't Cry for Me (Rebel Ridge, #2)
  • Deadly Dreams (Mindhunters, #5)
  • Run from Fear (Dead Wrong, #3)
  • Guns and Roses (PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher, #8.5; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
  • Love You to Death
  • Obsessed
  • Stay Hungry (The Bounty Hunters, #3)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Allison Brennan believes that life is too short to be bored, so she had five children and writes three books a year.

Allison has penned more than two dozen thrillers and many short stories. RT Book Reviews calls Allison “a master of suspense” and her books “haunting,” “mesmerizing,” “pulse-pounding” and “emotionally complex.” RT also said that "The Lu

Lucy Kincaid (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid, #1)
  • Kiss Me, Kill Me (Lucy Kincaid, #2)
  • Silenced (Lucy Kincaid, #4)
  • Stalked (Lucy Kincaid, #5)
  • Stolen (Lucy Kincaid, #6)
  • Cold Snap (Lucy Kincaid, #7)
  • Dead Heat (Lucy Kincaid, #8)
  • Best Laid Plans (Lucy Kincaid, #9)
  • No Good Deed (Lucy Kincaid, #10)
  • The Lost Girls (Lucy Kincaid, #11)