What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Jennie Jenkins
This topic is about Jennie Jenkins
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Short Story. Jenny Jenkins type book. Jenny tries to sabatoge her sisters' beaus' efforts to ask them to the dance so that SHE doesn't have to go. They keep bugging her about what she's going to wear & she finally surprises everyone. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by VeronicaS (last edited Aug 16, 2020 06:32PM) (new) - added it

VeronicaS (complicatedreamer) | 55 comments So I thought this book was called Jenny Jenkins, but all that I can find when searching is a book about teddy bears. This is apparently the same premise, Jenny Jenkins has to go to the dance. She decides to sabotage her sister's beauty attempts to ask them to the dance with the thinking that if nobody goes then she doesn't have to either. She makes them fall into quicksand or get stung by bees, but her sisters still manage to get asked. After every beau comes calling, the sisters ask her what color she's wearing and her answers have them in gales of laughter. She ends up frustrated and yelling that she'll just go naked then! The night of the dance she comes tearing up on her horse in a dress that outshines everyone, with all the colors, and feathers and craziness galore. She dances with the hottest guy and then tears off on her horse having fulfilled her obligation to show up. I read this book at least 20 years ago.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35348 comments Mod
Veronica, that's a good start. You must copy the genre (e.g., adult or teen contemporary romance?) and plot details from your message #1 to the topic header (title), so someone could recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers. -- Assume "Jenny Jenkins" in the header doesn't mean anything to most members.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 3: by VeronicaS (new) - added it

VeronicaS (complicatedreamer) | 55 comments Kris wrote: "Veronica, that's a good start. You must copy the genre (e.g., adult or teen contemporary romance?) and plot details from your message #1 to the topic header (title), so someone could recognize your..."

Thank you.

message 4: by Rosalyn (new)

Rosalyn | 42 comments Could it be Jennie Jenkins? Not much to go on in the blurb, but maybe the cover will look familiar to you

message 5: by VeronicaS (new) - added it

VeronicaS (complicatedreamer) | 55 comments Rosalyn wrote: "Could it be Jennie Jenkins? Not much to go on in the blurb, but maybe the cover will look familiar to you"

Yes! Thank you! I didn't even think of Jenny vs. Jennie spelling! No wonder it wouldn't come up when I was searching! Thank you!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39593 comments Mod
With illustrations by the great Glen Rounds. Look at the horse and the dog, the same color and with their legs in exactly the same position.