The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2020 > Genre Verification Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4966 comments Mod
This thread is for "marking" a book genre. It is not for assigning genres - only for locking in genres that currently appear on the book's main page.

The verifications in this thread apply only to the Fall 2020 challenge - they do not carry over to future challenges and genre verifications from the past challenges do not carry forward - verifications are only applicable to the current challenge.

A book need only be verified once in the thread - then it can be used by any participant in the Fall 2020 challenge.

Please do not post task-specific questions here ("is this cover green enough?") and other such questions.

If you are planning to use a book for a genre task and fear that the genre may disappear, post a link to the book in this thread. We will not "lock in" the lack of a childrens or kids genre on the main page.

When you post your book, if the genres have changed, just link to the post in this thread in which it was verified and you'll be good to go.

Because of the volume of verification requests in this thread, I will not be trying to compile any sort of master lists. If the book you are using does not have the required genre at the time of posting, but has been verified in this thread, please link to the post in which it was verified in your completed task posting. If the book you are posting still has the genre on the main page, there is no need to refer to any posts here or in other help threads - if it's there on the main page, you're all set.

message 2: by Christine (last edited Aug 15, 2020 06:14AM) (new)

Christine | 743 comments I'm excited to start a new Seasonal Reading Challenge! Could you please verify both the MPGs "Magic" and "Retellings" for Spinning Silver, and the MPG "Magic" for The Priory of the Orange Tree? Thank you!

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16296 comments Mod
Christine wrote: "I'm excited to start a new Seasonal Reading Challenge! Could you please verify both the MPGs "Magic" and "Retellings" for Spinning Silver, and the MPG "Magic" for [book:The Priory o..."

all noted

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine | 743 comments How about The Journal of the Plague Year: London, 1665 for MPG "Autobiography > Memoir?" Thanks!

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Christine wrote: "How about The Journal of the Plague Year: London, 1665 for MPG "Autobiography > Memoir?" Thanks!"

genre noted

message 6: by Tess (new)

Tess (tessavanessa) | 1415 comments Can you confirm HORROR for this My Friend Dahmer?

Thanks!

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Tess wrote: "Can you confirm HORROR for this My Friend Dahmer?

Thanks!"

genre noted

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7755 comments can i please get Hell in the Heartland: Murder, Meth, and the Case of Two Missing Girls for history - right now 2 ppl, but its lingering at the bottom of the list

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Dee wrote: "can i please get Hell in the Heartland: Murder, Meth, and the Case of Two Missing Girls for history - right now 2 ppl, but its lingering at the bottom of the list"

noted

message 10: by Jen B (new)

Jen B (jennybee618) | 408 comments Could you note the History genre for Looking for Miss America: A Pageant’s 100-Year Quest to Define Womanhood (just in case!)

Thanks!

message 11: by Sandy (new)

Jen B wrote: "Could you note the History genre for Looking for Miss America: A Pageant’s 100-Year Quest to Define Womanhood (just in case!)

Thanks!"

noted

message 12: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (walker) | 434 comments Resurrection Man is Magical Realism

Thanks!

message 13: by Sandy (new)

Joanna wrote: "Resurrection Man is Magical Realism

Thanks!"

genre noted

message 14: by Joanna (last edited Aug 31, 2020 11:53AM) (new)

Joanna (walker) | 434 comments Please note The Lover by A.B. Yehoshua for Historical Fiction.

Thanks!

message 15: by Sandy (new)

Joanna wrote: "Please note The Lover by A.B. Yehoshua for Historical Fiction.

Thanks!"

noted

message 16: by Joanna (new)

message 17: by Sandy (new)

Joanna wrote: "The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure for Retellings.

Thanks!"

noted

message 18: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1695 comments The Devil and Miss Prym for "magical realism"

message 19: by Sandy (new)

Wanda wrote: "The Devil and Miss Prym for "magical realism""

noted

message 20: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1307 comments Please verify Anxious People for Humor. Thanks!

message 21: by Sandy (new)

Amy wrote: "Please verify Anxious People for Humor. Thanks!"

noted

message 22: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 1419 comments Can I get The Atrocity Archives and John Dies at the End verified for Humor?

message 23: by Sandy (new)

Brooke wrote: "Can I get The Atrocity Archives and John Dies at the End verified for Humor?"

both noted

message 24: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3565 comments Can I please have Hollow Kingdom approved for Humor?
Thanks,
Andy

message 25: by Sandy (new)

Andy wrote: "Can I please have Hollow Kingdom approved for Humor?
Thanks,
Andy"

noted

message 26: by Julia (new)

Julia (julia103) | 1837 comments Please verify The Jane Austen Society for Books About Books.
Thanks.

message 27: by Sandy (new)

Julia wrote: "Please verify The Jane Austen Society for Books About Books.
Thanks."

noted

message 28: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3565 comments May I please have The Lost and Found Bookshop9780062914095 genre verified for Writing:>Books About Books?
Thanks,
Andy

message 29: by Sandy (new)

Andy wrote: "May I please have The Lost and Found Bookshop9780062914095 genre verified for Writing:>Books About Books?
Thanks,
Andy"

noted

message 30: by Cat (new)

Cat (cat_uk) | 2435 comments Please can you verify Humour for Arsenic in the Azaleas, thanks!

message 31: by Judy (new)

Judy | 911 comments Please verify The League of Frightened Men for Thriller> Mystery Thriller

Thanks!

message 32: by Sandy (new)

Cat wrote: "Please can you verify Humour for Arsenic in the Azaleas, thanks!"

noted

message 33: by Sandy (new)

Judy wrote: "Please verify The League of Frightened Men for Thriller> Mystery Thriller

Thanks!"

noted

message 34: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3565 comments Sandy wrote: "Andy wrote: "May I please have The Lost and Found Bookshop9780062914095 genre verified for Writing:>Books About Books?
Thanks,
Andy"

noted"

Thanks

message 35: by Meg (new)

Meg (megscl) | 1685 comments Can you please verify retellings? My Lady Jane

message 36: by Sandy (new)

Meg wrote: "Can you please verify retellings? My Lady Jane"

noted

message 37: by Mel (new)

Mel | 57 comments Good morning,
Could you please verify Kathedraal van de zee with MPG drama (19 people at the last position..)
Thanks in advance!

message 38: by Sandy (new)

Mel wrote: "Good morning,
Could you please verify Kathedraal van de zee with MPG drama (19 people at the last position..)
Thanks in advance!"

noted

message 39: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2616 comments please can i have The First Conspiracy: The Secret Plot to Kill George Washington noted for MPG american revolution currently both main and embedded genres

message 40: by Sandy (new)

Marie (UK) wrote: "please can i have The First Conspiracy: The Secret Plot to Kill George Washington noted for MPG american revolution currently both main and embedded genres"

noted

message 41: by Sandy (new)

Wayne wrote: "Please verify Outlaws of the Marsh Volume 2 Thick as Thieves for Sequential Art MPG.

Thanks!"

noted

message 42: by Tess (new)

Tess (tessavanessa) | 1415 comments Can you verify horror for My Friend Dahmer?

message 43: by Sandy (new)

Tess wrote: "Can you verify horror for My Friend Dahmer?"

noted

message 44: by Kristen (new)

Kristen IA (kristenia) | 728 comments Can you verify Books About Books for Writers & Lovers?

Thank you!

message 45: by Sandy (new)

Kristen wrote: "Can you verify Books About Books for Writers & Lovers?

Thank you!"

noted

message 46: by Deedee (last edited Sep 17, 2020 02:50PM) (new)

Deedee | 2126 comments Please verify You're (Not) the One for
Fantasy > Magic
Magical Realism

Those are the bottom two MPG's for the book.

Thanks!

message 47: by Sandy (new)

Deedee wrote: "Please verify You're (Not) the One for
Fantasy > Magic
Magical Realism

Those are the bottom two MPG's for the book.

Thanks!"

both noted

message 48: by Mel (new)

Mel | 57 comments Hello, could you please note MPG humor for Cleese over het Leven?

Thanks in advance!

message 49: by Sandy (new)

Mel wrote: "Hello, could you please note MPG humor for Cleese over het Leven?

Thanks in advance!"

noted

message 50: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 1021 comments Kathy KS

Please verify MPG Apocalyptic > Post Apocalyptic for Children of Time

Thanks!

« previous 1