EVERYONE Has Read This but Me - The Catch-Up Book Club discussion

How to Be an Antiracist
This topic is about How to Be an Antiracist
MODERN CLASSICS/POPULAR READS > How to Be an Antiracist - Pre-Read

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) Welcome everyone to our August 2020 Modern Classic/Popular Group Read; this month we'll be reading through How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi.

Friendly reminder that this is our spoiler-free thread. If you're ready to talk spoilers, feel free to head on over to the spoilers thread.

Who is joining in this read? Will it be your first time reading or Is this a reread? What do you hope to gain by reading this book?

message 2: by Honore (new)

Honore | 175 comments My partner is listening to the audiobook version right now and he has said this is an amazing book. My hold # is 180 on 18 copies so I doubt I'll have it in time to read it with you all, but i'm so happy that you all are going to read this! From what has been shared with me, it holds amazing information!

helena (helenoodle) just reserved this on my library app - the audiobook is only available on the 27th! it's a while away but i'm excited for it :)

message 4: by Kaseadillla (last edited Aug 11, 2020 06:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaseadillla | 1352 comments Mod
reading So You Want to Talk About Race with a group outside of this as well, if others are interested in discussing.

message 5: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Looking forward to this!

Lana | 129 comments Just finished The Hate U Give. It feels like the perfect time to start this book.

aPriL does feral sometimes  (cheshirescratch) | 561 comments Got it finally from the library!

:)

aPriL does feral sometimes  (cheshirescratch) | 561 comments This is a wonderful book on racism. It covers every historical topic and personally lived angle on racism, in only 300 pages of concise precision, and maintains factual accuracy throughout. I've come across very few books so awesome about racism in my 60+ years of life.

EVERYONE Has Read This but Me - The Catch-Up...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

So You Want to Talk About Race (other topics)
How to Be an Antiracist (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ibram X. Kendi (other topics)