What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Front Page Face-Off
This topic is about Front Page Face-Off
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 2000-2014/not recent publishing)Pink Book Cover featuring redhead girl in cartoon style: Girl is a newspaper club and struggles with her crush (Bad boy v good boy cliche). Romance, drama, ages middle school and up. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nor (new)

Nor Martinez | 3 comments (SPOILERS AHEAD TO DESCRIBE SOME SCENES) I am trying to find this book I read when I was in Middle school: The book cover itself is pink and has a red head girl in cartoon style holding a newspaper, she is also the narrator of the story. The plot revolves around her trying to impress a popular guy, while maintaining her status in the school newspaper club. One of the starting scenes is her going to his house only to realize that he got a girlfriend over summer/spring break. Later on the first day of school she meets the "bad boy reject of their high school" and asks to interview him because of his mystery around the school. Over their time together he falls in love with her and so does she, but she still holds suppressed feelings over guy #1. Another scene is during prom(climax), bad boy waits for her at the front of the school and they go in together, guy#1 doesn't like the company she is with, and neither does anyone else. They hang for a little while and then guy#1 asks to dance with redhead girl, while they are dancing she confesses to him and kisses him; him having a gfriend pushes her away and the school shuns redhead girl. Bad boy is angry and sad because he feels like he was being used only for her newspaper column. Red head girl gets angry and storms off, she writes a hate column agaisnt everyone that's done her wrong and confesses again in the writing; this gets out and she is kicked from the newspaper club. I forgot the ending/rest, but that's all of what I can say. The book seemed to be published around the time Percy Jackson was also released(2009 and under) so it's not a new book. It was also a short read, and I don't think it was "YA" as it was aimed for middle schoolers. The cover art style reminds me of "This Totally Bites." Let me know if you can find it please, as my sister believes I imagined the whole book :(((((((

message 2: by Becca (last edited Aug 01, 2020 02:32AM) (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2981 comments I've found a few books with redheads working on school newspapers, but not sure if any are the right one:
Front Page Face-Off by Jo Whittemore, or one of the other books in the series
Paisley Hanover Acts Out by Cameron Tuttle
The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword by Anne Mazer

message 3: by Nor (new)

Nor Martinez | 3 comments THANK YOU BECCA! The book was Front Page Face-Off by Cameron Tuttle! Forever grateful for your research❤

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35768 comments Mod
Nor, is that Front Page Face-Off by Jo Whittemore?

message 5: by Nor (new)

Nor Martinez | 3 comments Kris, yes I am sorry I accidentally wrote the wrong author, as I was looking at the second line 😅 The solved book is Front Page Face-Off by Jo Whittemore

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35768 comments Mod
No worries. Glad you found your book, Nor.