What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction: A man's battles with a squirrel in his home slowly unhinges him

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (dbfwnoonan) | 4 comments I read a book back in the mid-1990's where a squirrel gets into a young couple's new home in the suburbs. As the husband battles with the squirrel, he slowly becomes unhinged. I vaguely renumber the cover illustration having a roof-line, squirrel and upper branches of a tree, It may have been written in the late 80's, but more likely in the '90s. I doubt it was famous as I got it off a remainders table. I have tried Google, Amazon, etc.

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat (tadpoledrain) | 135 comments OK I really hope you find this. What genre was it? Was it comedy, dark, surreal?

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (dbfwnoonan) | 4 comments I would say it was dark comedy. The antagonist animal was not anthropomorphic, so not surreal. Psychological character study.

message 4: by Rosa (new)

message 5: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (dbfwnoonan) | 4 comments Rosa wrote: "Probably not The Blawnox Unpleasantness?"
Thanks, but no that wasn't it. I appreciate the reply.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39607 comments Mod
Where is it set? Country/region etc.
Where did you see it on the remainders table?

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19618 comments Sorry, this has no relevance, but I can't help thinking of that hilarious Geico commercial.

message 8: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (dbfwnoonan) | 4 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Where is it set? Country/region etc.
Where did you see it on the remainders table?"
Set in suburban US. Do not recall what particular region. and unfortunately as it was more than 20 years ago I do not remember which book store I had bought it at, other than I lived in NJ at the time.