The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > In August, My Name Is...

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lanelle, Production Chief (last edited Jul 26, 2020 08:26AM) (new)

Lanelle | 14699 comments Mod
description

I've noticed that there are a lot of random name generators charts. They can be quite fun. They can also become a reading challenge!

Here's the name generator that inspired this monthly challenge, Exploding Kittens.
Create a new name for a pet. It can be your animal or someone else's. Read a book that
is somehow associated with that new name. It's as easy as that :)

You can read more than one book for your new name, or you can go back and create a bunch of new names and read books for those names. It's your decision. Just have fun!

No page limit.
Re-reads and audio books are okay.
Be sure to date and rate your book.
Duration: August 1 - 31, 2020

message 2: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Aug 24, 2020 03:53PM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1462 comments August My Name Is
Duration: 1 - 31 Aug

I don't have a cat but I have to admit I like this name:

Intrepid MurderMittens!

Intrepid: An Intrepid Trip to Love 8/22
Murder: The Magician Murders 8/22
Mittens: Trade Deadline 8/14 "Michah now had two scarves, a few mittens, and an adorable hat that he never wore."

message 3: by JoAnne (last edited Aug 31, 2020 07:20PM) (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2463 comments This could be tough

Fireball BirdSmasher
I'm separating Bird and Smasher and may separate Fireball although it was just in a book I read last month!

Read 2/3 DONE!
Fireball

Bird - Kindle location 3852 - He gestured to the huge bird that had just launched itself from a treetop.
The Hacker by Nancy Herkness The Hacker (The Consultants #2) by Nancy Herkness 8/1/20 4.5stars

Smasher - Smashed - Kindle location 4841 - From the guy who trapped the armadillos to Bodie's friend who'd built the gorgeous arbor that had been smashed to pieces...she'd written I'm sorry so many times she'd practically had to hold her right hand still with her left to keep it from continuing to move.
The Cowboy Says I Do (Tying the Knot in Texas, #1) by Dylann Crush The Cowboy Says I Do (Tying the Knot in Texas #1) by Dylann Crush 8/4/20 4stars

message 4: by Tari (last edited Aug 10, 2020 12:16PM) (new)

Tari (thann) | 347 comments August My Name Is
Duration: 1 - 31 Aug

This fits my farm cat Fred LOL--he must be hitting the field mice pretty hard

Admiral BumThunder

The closest I can get is something nautical to go with the word admiral, so I'm reading cruise mysteries:

Killer Cast & Deadly Splash Mel McCoy 8/9/20

Cruise Chaos A.R. Winters 8/10/20

message 5: by Alison (Lady Coffin) (last edited Aug 26, 2020 10:29PM) (new)

Alison (Lady Coffin) S | 1823 comments In August, My Name Is ....
I do not have a cat. :-/
So random =
Genghis GodWhiskers!
Demi-Gods - The Mark of Athena (Heroes of... #3) by Rick Riordan - 8/2/2020
whiskers - It Takes a Coven (Witch City Mystery #6) by Carol J. Perry - done 8/3/2020
Demi-Gods - The House of Hades (Heroes of... #4) by Rick Riordan - 8/11/2020

If I go with one of my brothers cats I get:
Flaming ThunderPaws!
paws - The Opal Deception (Artemis Fowl #4) by Eoin Colfer - done 8/7/2020
paws - What Not To Were (Paris, Texas Romance #2) by Dakota Cassidy - 8/15/2020
paws - Witch Is The New Black (Paris, Texas, #3) by Dakota Cassidy - done 8/15/2020
flaming - Battle Born (Elementals #3) by Amie Kaufman - done 8/16/2020
flaming - These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches... #1) by Isabel Sterling - 8/23/2020
paws - The Royal Mess (Alaskan Royal Family #3) by MaryJanice Davidson - 8/23/2020

Oh my! lol
I will have to think about this.

The Royal Mess (Alaskan Royal Family, #3) by MaryJanice Davidson These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1) by Isabel Sterling Battle Born (Elementals, #3) by Amie Kaufman Witch Is the New Black (A Paris, Texas Romance Book 3) by Dakota Cassidy What Not To Were (Paris, Texas Romance #2) (ebook) by Dakota Cassidy The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan The Opal Deception (Artemis Fowl, #4) by Eoin Colfer It Takes a Coven (Witch City Mystery #6) by Carol J. Perry The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) by Rick Riordan

message 6: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Lanelle | 14699 comments Mod
JoAnne wrote: "This could be tough"

This is definitely the hardest name generator I used. Folks will need to be creative or maybe think 'out of the box'.

message 7: by Elle (last edited Aug 03, 2020 05:08PM) (new)

Elle (elleay) | 299 comments In August, My Pet Name Is ...

Nocturnal DeathPurr

Death - character named Death
Grave Witch | Kalayna Price - August 3

message 8: by LaurLa (last edited Sep 03, 2020 04:02AM) (new)

LaurLa | 2683 comments Hello. In August, My Name Is...
August 2020

My August Pet Name Is... (msg 8)

Books Read: 15

In August my pet name is... Fireball McMurderFeet!

Books with a fire/flames on the cover or in the title
The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3) by Nora Roberts Spies & Stilettos (The MacKenzie Family #12) by Liliana Hart
🍬The Rise of Magicks ~ 08.23 ★★★★
🍬Spies & Stilettos ~ 08.18 ★★★★

Books with a murder in them
Hooked by Polly Iyer Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1) by Gena Showalter Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman Hunted (Edgars Family, #2) by Suzanne Ferrell Mission Improper (London Steampunk The Blue Blood Conspiracy, #1) by Bec McMaster Heat Storm (Nikki Heat, #9) by Richard Castle The Many and The One (Reynolds Family Saga, #1) by Donald Wells Deadly Intent (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #4) by Misty Evans Edge of Danger (T-FLAC, #8; T-FLAC/Psi Edge Trilogy #1) by Cherry Adair The House of Lies (Paradise Valley Mysteries #7) by Debra Burroughs
🍬Hooked ~ 08.06 ★★★★
🍬Awaken Me Darkly ~ 08.15 ★★★★
🍬Anansi Boys ~ 08.16 ★★★
🍬Hunted ~ 08.27 ★★★★
🍬Mission: Improper ~ 08.04 ★★★★
🍬Heat Storm ~ 08.21 ★★★★
🍬The Many and The One ~ 08.30 ★★★
🍬Deadly Intent ~ 08.17 ★★★★
🍬Edge of Danger ~ 08.31 ★★★★
🍬The House of Lies ~ 08.07 ★★★

Books with feet on the cover
The Toll-Gate by Georgette Heyer Loving Laura by Trisha Alexander 'Roo and the Angel (Furry United Coalition, #7) by Eve Langlais
🍬The Toll-Gate ~ 08.24 ★★★★
🍬Loving Laura ~ 08.14 ★★★
🍬'Roo and the Angel ~ 08.09 ★★★

message 9: by Lois (new)

Lois Lane Intrepid McMurder Feet!

message 10: by Beth (new)

Beth Garner | 28 comments Lord McMurder Feet

message 11: by Suzanne (last edited Aug 03, 2020 01:53PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1435 comments The Challenge Factory
In August, My Name Is...
Duration:
August 1 - 31, 2020

Progress: 0 out of

I've noticed that there are a lot of random name generators charts. They can be quite fun. They can also become a reading challenge!

Here's the name generator that inspired this monthly challenge, Exploding Kittens.
Create a new name for a pet. It can be your animal or someone else's. Read a book that
is somehow associated with that new name. It's as easy as that :)

You can read more than one book for your new name, or you can go back and create a bunch of new names and read books for those names. It's your decision. Just have fun!

No page limit.
Re-reads and audio books are okay.
Be sure to date and rate your book.

message 12: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 347 comments Msg. 4 is done for August, ended up with 2 nautical themed mysteries since I had Admiral in the name.

message 13: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2463 comments Done on post #3
Read 2/3

Going to skip September

message 14: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 2683 comments Finished! Thank-you!
Updated post: My August Pet Name Is... (msg 8)

Books Read: 15