What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Curse (Dark Moon Legacy, #1)
This topic is about The Curse
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA 1990s werewolf novel/trilogy? Characters' names possibly Miranda and Gareth? Joan of Arc play? [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (tadpoledrain) | 135 comments You would think that those details would get me something in Google, but nope.

OK I read this in the early to mid 90s, during the YA supernatural/horror boom, so I'm sure it was published then, too. Not like Christopher Pike, R.L. Stine, Point Horror. Think L.J. Smith, but not as good. It might have been a single novel, or it might have been a trilogy. The book(s) was(were) on the fatter end of the YA spectrum -- in terms of L.J. Smith, it would be like the thickness of The Vampire Diaries, not The Forbidden Game. Dark cover(s), most likely black?

I think the main character's name is Miranda, probably a teenager, probably in high school. I believe that she is the star in a local production of a play about Joan of Arc? Which sounds really weird when I write it out, I could be making that part up. Of course she's beautiful, and I think she has dark hair.

There is a werewolf/love interest who has blond hair and so when he turns into a werewolf he has golden fur. I want to say his name is Gareth. He's immediately drawn to Miranda, wants to be with her, etc., but tormented because he is a werewolf so keeps pulling away, won't tell her why, the usual stuff.

Eventually he does turn her into a werewolf, I don't know why. That's somewhere in the middle of the book. Pretty sure she overall enjoys being a werewolf. I don't know if by the end they are both still werewolves or if they find a cure somehow.

There must be some other conflict in the book that puts Miranda in danger that Gareth has to save her from, but I have no idea what.

Any of this ringing a bell for anyone?

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat (tadpoledrain) | 135 comments Yessssssss, thank you!

How are you so good at this?

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19567 comments You're welcome, glad that was the right one!

I mostly use Worldcat for these searches. For this one, I put "werewolves" as the subject and limited to juvenile books pubbed between 1985 and 1997.

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat (tadpoledrain) | 135 comments Good to know!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Curse (other topics)