What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fantasy. Boy goes to another world, has to stop a monster from being revived. Starts with boy riding his bike down a big hill. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (last edited Jul 23, 2020 05:31PM) (new)

Justin Jordan | 5 comments I remember that the first chapter started with the boy about to ride his bike down a big hill, later in the story he travels to another world and they think that his watch is magic due to the fact that it has a light even though it is just a normal watch. I remember that he had to stop a monster from being revived. SPOILERS(It ends up being revived) One of the things I remember is that it had a food that was honey and shaved ice on top of a mint leaf.

I read this book around 2012-2014

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35346 comments Mod
Justin, what's the genre (which we need to add to the topic header) - e.g., kids or teens fantasy? How old is the boy?

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin Jordan | 5 comments He was about 12 or 13, and it was a teens fantasy book

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35346 comments Mod
Thanks. I added genre and some details to the topic header. Feel free to edit it.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19571 comments Sounds like it might be middle grade, if the boy is 12 or 13.

Can you describe more about the other world? Was it set in the past, or an entirely different fantasy world or parallel dimension?

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin Jordan | 5 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Sounds like it might be middle grade, if the boy is 12 or 13.

Can you describe more about the other world? Was it set in the past, or an entirely different fantasy world or parallel dimension?"

It was more of a fantasy world, and they didn't have any technology that is why his watch was seen as a magical devicce

message 7: by rory (new)

rory (rorybaskin378) | 85 comments This sounds a little like Masterminds by Gordon Korman. It starts with a boy (around age 12-13) riding his bike down a big hill, and later he goes with some other children to a kind-of alternate world. There isn't much working technology. This probably isn't it, but I thought I might post on the off chance that it was.

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19571 comments Masterminds for Caroline's suggestion.

message 9: by Justin (new)

Justin Jordan | 5 comments Caroline wrote: "This sounds a little like Masterminds by Gordon Korman. It starts with a boy (around age 12-13) riding his bike down a big hill, and later he goes with some other children to a kind-of alternate wo..."
That's not it, but thanks for the recommendation. In the book I'm talking about the boy was the only one to go to the other world

message 10: by Ayshe (new)

message 11: by Rouan (new)

Rouan | 117 comments Could it be The Time Bike by Jane Langton?

The Time Bike

message 12: by Justin (new)

Justin Jordan | 5 comments Justin wrote: "Caroline wrote: "This sounds a little like Masterminds by Gordon Korman. It starts with a boy (around age 12-13) riding his bike down a big hill, and later he goes with some other children to a kin..."

Thank you so much that is literally it, I've been looking for years

message 13: by David (new)

David Añez | 336 comments Hi, Justin.

So it is Masterminds? What made you change your view of the book?