What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Everlost (Skinjacker, #1)
This topic is about Everlost
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/middle grade book about a boy and a girl who die in a car crash but their souls crash into each other on their way to heaven and they get stranded on earth as ghosts. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (book_geek15) | 6 comments I think I read this sometime in 2015. If I'm remembering correctly, the first part of the book has the two main characters meeting another child-ghost in the forest who explains where they are. I think the girl decides to join the bad ghosts later in the book and the boy doesn't, but I'm foggy on the specifics.

inaword | 143 comments Might be Everlost by Neal Shusterman

Asia (semi–hiatus) (booknerd117) | 205 comments Everlost by Neal Shusterman (inaword's & Elizabeth's suggestions) matches your description, Olivia.

"Nick and Allie don't survive the car accident...

...but their souls don't exactly get where they're supposed to get either. Instead, they're caught halfway between life and death, in a sort of limbo known as Everlost: a shadow of the living world, filled with all the things and places that no longer exist. It's a magical, yet dangerous place where bands of lost children run wild and anyone who stands in the same place too long sinks to the center of the Earth.

When they find Mary, the self-proclaimed queen of lost kids, Nick feels like he he's found a home, but Allie isn't satisfied spending eternity between worlds. Against all warnings, Allie begins learning the "Criminal Art" of haunting, and ventures into dangerous territory, where a monster called the McGill threatens all the souls of Everlost.

In this imaginative novel, Neal Shusterman explores questions of life, death, and what just might lie in between."

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (book_geek15) | 6 comments That’s it!! Thank you!!!

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39606 comments Mod
Can you give us an update on your older thread here?

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (book_geek15) | 6 comments @lobstergirl I just closed the thread! I had totally forgotten about that post 😅

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39606 comments Mod
Super.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Everlost (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Neal Shusterman (other topics)