What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Singer of All Songs
This topic is about The Singer of All Songs
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fantasy series. Songs can cloak reality, can be used for good or evil and are used to heal the desert. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachel_anders) | 2 comments I'm looking for the first book or name of a series I read as a teen. It's about a girl that grows up in an orphanage/nunnery of some sort. Then the nuns start getting trapped in amber or something, which means that some sort of evil has entered the land. I think a strange boy/young man shows up and the two decide they need to run away to save everyone. The boy/young man has sailor friends, one of whom is killed by the bad guy at the end of the first book.

I remember at the end of I think the second book, she heals this desert by sticking her hands in it and singing, which exhausts her. At the beginning of the next book she's frustrated because she can no longer sing.

It's a separate series from Song Quest books, although I loved that series as a kid too.

I read these books when probably about between 12-15 years ago so around 2005-2008 ish

Thanking you in advance for the help! It's been driving me crazy for the past couple weeks!

message 2: by McKinley (last edited Jul 21, 2020 10:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

McKinley | 18 comments This sounds like The Singer of all Songs, by Kate Constable!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachel_anders) | 2 comments That's it! Thank you so much!

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19618 comments The Singer of All Songs for the trackable link.