What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Ballet Shoes (Shoes, #1)
This topic is about Ballet Shoes
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Older book about 3 orphaned sisters named after flowers who go to live with a charming old man who sponsors their talents (acting, ballet, & maybe singing). [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (new) - added it

Abby | 23 comments It read like it had been written a long time ago, but it was pretty accessible-- think Little Princess. All the sistets each had a talent, and had flower names. I forget the actual conflict, but the oldest msnaged the other 2 and was trying out for a production of Midsummer Night's Dream.

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2812 comments Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild? The girls' names are Pauline, Petrova and Posy, so only Posy has a floral name, but otherwise I think the description fits.

message 3: by Kris (last edited Jul 21, 2020 10:24AM) (new)

Kris | 35348 comments Mod
Abby, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine. (I find "a long time ago" means different things in this large group.)

How old are the sisters? Is this book for teens or kids?

Who were their parents and what happened to them?

message 4: by RabbitMilitia (last edited Jul 21, 2020 12:45PM) (new)

RabbitMilitia | 233 comments Second Becca's suggestion of Ballet Shoes- Pauline (the eldest) and Petrova (the middle) both have parts in Midsummer Night's Dream

message 5: by Abby (new) - added it

Abby | 23 comments RabbitMilitia wrote: "Second Becca's suggestion of Ballet Shoes- Pauline (the eldest) and Petrova (the middle) both have parts in Midsummer Night's Dream"

Yes, I think you're both right! Thank you!

(To me, a long time ago means 2001-ish, when I was in 5th grade and just reading everything I could get my hands on. It all blurs together, hehe)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ballet Shoes (other topics)