What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Kira (Shadow of the Dragon, #1)
This topic is about Kira
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen fantasy books about two sisters, mage turned to fox, and dragon. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iga (new) - added it

Iga | 6 comments I’ve read this series in like 2011 but I do not remember the author or title.

It’s set in fantasy medieval times and it’s about two (orphaned) sisters who found a dragon egg of some sort. Maybe two?

I remember:
- the girls changing into ‘boy’ clothes right after running from the place they lived at.
- there was a talking fox who was actually a wizard that cursed himself
- only the younger sister could understand him, and later the dragon that hatched
- they met a boy and wizard where they stayed and practiced their bonds and riding skills on the dragons. 3 dragons for 3 kids.
- the wizard kinda sucked at spells
- when trying to send them in a portal/ through dimensions, he accidentally sent the kids through time. They get separated, with the elder sister and the boy arriving in current time with the dragons and having to run and hide from like SWAT helicopters or something and trying to summon the other end of the portal. The youngest one gets sent waaay back in time and what was like 5 hours for the other group was 5 years for her. When the kids reunite she is older than them.
-the cover matched the colour of the dragon on it (it’s a series), with with an egg shaped frame in the middle which usually contained the dragon and some kind of background ex. A castle

This book has been haunting me since I read it but I cannot find it anywhere. Some help please?

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35335 comments Mod
Iga_M, that's a good start. You must add more plot details (from your comments) to the topic header (title), so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of YA requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 3: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (marisasorenson) | 227 comments I'm pretty sure this is Kira & Elspeth from Kate O'Hearn

message 4: by Iga (new) - added it

Iga | 6 comments Marisa wrote: "I'm pretty sure this is Kira & Elspeth from Kate O'Hearn"

Wow, can’t believe you found it! The description sounds so different to what I had memorised, but the cover and author match up! Thank you so much!