What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Suspense story - This book is about a child that disappears at a hotel/resort. Years later the family/friends reunite at the same hotel/resort. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 3 comments This book is about a child that disappears at a hotel/resort. The family searches for her but she isn't found. Years later the family/friends reunite at the same hotel/resort. The sibling starts asking questions about her missing sister. I know in the end the father had given the child to his lover/mistress. I probably read this book 3-5 years ago. I just can't remember the title.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35362 comments Mod
Sharon, that's a good start. You must add plot details (from your comments) to the topic header (title), so someone can recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39606 comments Mod
Where is it set?
France maybe?
Is the family rich?
When is it set?
Do they travel in two cars and think the child has gotten into one of the cars - and then when they arrive home, assume that because of a miscommunication the child was left behind?

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 3 comments If I remember correctly, it's set in the US. Not they aren't traveling. The child (a girl) disappears from the hotel.

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (andforamoment) | 302 comments I read a book that sounds the same but it was the Uncle who gave her away and the older sister remembers at the end because the Uncle uses a phrase and she remembers him saying it that night

She's Not There

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 3 comments Thanks for trying but that's not it. I just read that on this year.

message 7: by Kris (last edited Aug 08, 2020 09:18AM) (new)

I removed the spoiler ending from the topic header and added a spoiler alert. (Spoilers are okay in the comments - just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.)

- Did the couple divorce after their daughter disappeared (re: they "reunite")? What are their jobs? Are they rich?

- What's the location of the hotel? Where do they live (country, region, well-known city, small town)?

message 8: by Kris (new)

She's Not There by Joy Fielding?

Google search of Goodreads:
site:goodreads.com suspense father "daughter disappeared" hotel

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

She's Not There (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joy Fielding (other topics)