What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Missing Judy
This topic is about Missing Judy
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA novel a girl’s 5 year old sister has been missing for multiple years after getting angry and walking out of a sleepover. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M (new)

M | 8 comments I read this book at least 5-6 years ago maybe more but haven’t been able to find it since. It’s about a girl whose 5 year old sister went missing. The circumstances of her disappearance were that she was having a sleepover with a friend, got angry, walked out and was never seen again. The girl, her mother and grandparents are dealing with grief but still trying to find the sister many years later (the girl herself is a teen).
SPOILER

At the end of the book it turns out the grandfather did in fact find the missing sister after she walked out of the sleepover but, as he was driving under the influence he got into a car crash and killed the girl by accident. However he was successfully able to cover it up and pretended for many years to still be looking for the girl.

For some reason I remember the book title being like 3 words, it might have had balloons on the cover (not sure about this) and I’m pretty sure the author’s name was alliteration with Js (again not so sure on this info; the Js may have been the title though, for some reason joy?? rings a bell). I think the cover was purple with blue writing but I could be confusing it for another book.

I’m from England btw if that helps and I think the book was set here too.

message 3: by M (new)

M | 8 comments Omg I think that is the book😂 funnily enough I was right with the balloons and purple cover lol. I think I confused the alliteration of Js with her other book Looking for JJ. Thank you so muchh

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16086 comments Awesome, glad to help out!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Missing Judy (other topics)