What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sure Signs of Crazy
This topic is about Sure Signs of Crazy
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA novel centered around a tween girl, who has a plant for a pet, maybe a succulent, and I believe the plant is on the cover of the book. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Macayla Merritt | 3 comments I read this book around 2013-2014. The girl lives with her dad but she has a babysitter across the street, an older teen who she's pretty close to, and I remember them baking together. I think there is some sort of struggle with a mother figure, maybe the girl's mom passed away. Also, the girl lives in a neighborhood where she describes staring out of her window and watching people walk on by and come back every day. I believe there is a young male love interest in the neighborhood as well.

Macayla Merritt | 3 comments The plant *could* be named "Spike", although I'm not really sure. I think the neighbor across the street (who is also her babysitter) gets a boyfriend and doesn't have much time for the girl anymore.

message 3: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2058 comments Maybe Sure Signs of Crazy by Karen Harrington? The protagonist's 'best friend' is a plant called Plant - not sure if the other details match.

Macayla Merritt | 3 comments Becca wrote: "Maybe Sure Signs of Crazy by Karen Harrington? The protagonist's 'best friend' is a plant called Plant - not sure if the other details match."

OH MY GOSH YES! Thank you! I honestly read this so long ago that I couldn't remember much about it but holy moly! Thank you!

message 5: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2058 comments Macayla wrote: "OH MY GOSH YES! Thank you! I honestly read this so long ago that I couldn't remember much about it but holy moly! Thank you! "

You're welcome! Glad to help.