Paranormal Women's Fiction Fanatics discussion

General > Introduction

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (last edited May 26, 2020 12:53PM) (new)

Namita  | 159 comments Mod
description

Hello everyone!! Please introduce yourself and let’s gets chatting.

message 2: by Bree, High Sorceress Amazingly Enough (new)

Bree Adams | 16 comments Mod
Thanks Namita! As you all, well all one of you so far, may have guessed I have no fucking clue what I'm doing. I'll give it a shot though!

message 3: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

You are doing good, Bree!!

message 4: by Bree, High Sorceress Amazingly Enough (new)

Thanks 😊

message 5: by Bree, High Sorceress Amazingly Enough (new)

message 6: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (last edited May 26, 2020 01:03PM) (new)

description

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1 comments Hey y'all! My name is Dawn. I'm 43, married, "essentially" employed, and I live in Garden Grove, CA. I'm originally from Jacksonville, FL. I love to read, eat ice cream, and drink dark beer...not necessarily at the same time. I am so excited for the Goodreads group to actually discuss the books.

message 8: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Hi Dawn!! Welcome to the group. It's going to be fabulous!! Have a look around, Bree and I are still putting everything together but there are threads for all the Fab 13 books.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Hello all! I'm a big paranormal fan in a lot of genres.

message 10: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Hi Erin!! So glad to see you here!! I am absolutely loving this genre and the mature heroines.

message 11: by Linda (new)

Linda Peart | 1 comments Hi all. I'm Linda, 54years old, and I'm currently living in central Missouri. I love this genre. Elizabeth Hunter has been my favorite for years. She introduced me to this genre and as a result I now have lots of really good authors I follow.

message 12: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Summers | 1 comments Hey ya'll so happy to be a part of the PWF group. Love the Fab13 and other authors who have joined the PWF family.

message 13: by Christal (new)

Christal | 1 comments Hi everyone! I haven't read all the Fab13 books yet but I am well on my way. Loved all I've read.

message 14: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Hi everyone and welcome!!

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (quill_n_ink) | 1 comments Hello from Texas! I'm retired after 31 years of service with The University of Texas and have been an editor/proofreader for an indie author (PNR and CR) for 8 years. I've been a fan of Elizabeth Hunter for many years now and am so happy about the mature heroine trend and discovering the other authors of the FAB13.

message 16: by Bree, High Sorceress Amazingly Enough (new)

WOOHOO! Hello everyone! So freckin happy to see everyone here! A little about me:
I'm a special needs Para at the high school and also work as a DSP at an adult special needs group home. Before the PWF Fab 13 I'd been in a major reading slump, with nothing really tripping my trigger. Now I'm back in the groove and loving every word of every page from these astounding authors. So flippin happy to be here 😁

message 17: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

This is so exciting!!! Welcome everyone!! I better tell you all about myself.

I was born and brought up in Fiji. Moved to Canada in 2006. This is my 4th decade!! Boxing Day Baby here!!

I love the Fab 13!! Jana DeLeon is one of my fave authors and because of her I discovered this genre. I love it. I’m so excited to be here and be part of this group with all you fabulous ladies.

message 18: by Lonie (new)

Lonie Mc. | 6 comments Hello, folks. I'm currently in Tulsa but moving back to Colorado Springs in August (yay!). I teach technical communication at a university there.

I've always loved all types of paranormal fiction. I also like mysteries and a bit of romance -- specifically paranormal, historical or futuristic romance.

Since I read all day long, I only do fiction on audio. So, I'm a little limited in what I can "read."

message 19: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Hi Lonie! Welcome to the group.

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan (moonmare) | 2 comments Thanks for the invite, and big thanks for posting upcoming release dates. I'm 51, have read all the books so far, and am pining away until the next release.

message 21: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Hi Megan!! Welcome to the group!!

Kat, lover of bears... (kati3kat) | 8 comments I am so glad someone put this group together. One of my favorite authors, Kristen Painter is one of the #Fab13 that started this genre and invited me to the launch of #PWF. I have read all of the original 13, a few sequels, and a few new PWF authors. I prefer my PWF to be on the cleaner/cozier side of the genre, but will fast forward or skip ahead through any uncomfortable parts.

message 23: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Hi Kat!! Welcome to the group!!

message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate Moseman (katemoseman) | 2 comments Hello! I live near Orlando and I'm a food blogger, cookbook author, novel writer, and homeschooling mother. It's a lot! I'm looking forward to lots of book recommendations from everyone- I love to read as much as possible. :)

message 25: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Hi Kate! Welcome to the group.

message 26: by T. (new)

T. (schneidt79) | 5 comments I'm an early member but only just started checking in...

My name is Tara, I'm 40, & live in Upstate New York. Due to health issues I am now a "stay at home fiance" & I help my man w/ some of his work.

I graduated an English Major & Mass Communication Minor & have always loved reading. I love most romance genres & paranormal/supernatural stories have ALWAYS drawn me in.

I was already a fan of Shannon Mayer, Robyn Peterman, & Kristen Painter.

I love stories (bks, tv/streaming, movies, theatre, music...). I'm slightly obsessed w/ cats & dragons & Celtic culture. I'm very glad this genre is gaining traction!

message 27: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Hi Tara! Welcome to the group!

message 28: by Louisa (new)

Louisa West (louisawest) | 1 comments Hi all!!

I’m a 37 year old divorced-but-happily-repartnered gal living in Mandurah, Western Australia! Before discovering the Fab13 I had also been in a reading slump, and just not interested in reading about young women in harems or any of that jazz.

I’ve been a writer for as long as I can remember, and dabbled with smaller publications (fiction and non-fiction). But when I lost my job through COVID redundancy, I decided it was time to be a full time author.

My Midlife in Mosswood series is set in Georgia, and follows single mum Rosie through the next phase of her life with her daughter Maggie by her side. I’m having an absolute blast writing these books, and it really has given me a new lease on life to be doing something I love.

New Witch on the Block (book 1) and Jealousy’s a Witch (book 2) are already available. We Witch You a Merry Christmas (book 3) and Get Witch Quick (book 4) are available for preorder.

I can’t wait to chat with you all!

message 29: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Hi Louisa!! Welcome to the group!!

message 30: by Ingunn (new)

Ingunn | 1 comments Hi!
Found the group today, so am a little late to the party. :-)
I am 47, norwegian, and read far too much urban fantasy and pwf.

message 31: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Ingunn wrote: "Hi!
Found the group today, so am a little late to the party. :-)
I am 47, norwegian, and read far too much urban fantasy and pwf."

Hi!! Welcome to the group!!!

message 32: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Yearwood | 2 comments don't know how active this is but hey. Currently binging PWF authors and other books. I have a TBR pile that if stacked would be a mile high for sure lol

message 33: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Sabrina wrote: "don't know how active this is but hey. Currently binging PWF authors and other books. I have a TBR pile that if stacked would be a mile high for sure lol"

That's great!! Unfortunately, this group isn't very active. Not sure why. Glad to have you here!

message 34: by Tera (new)

Tera Comer | 1 comments Namita wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "don't know how active this is but hey. Currently binging PWF authors and other books. I have a TBR pile that if stacked would be a mile high for sure lol"

That's great!! Unfortunately, this group isn't very active. Not sure why. Glad to have you here!"

Well My personal reason why not very active is to busy reading all the great books, I just wish there was a easier way of having them grouped in one place instead of them randomly showing up in the "Readers also enjoyed" section

message 35: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (last edited May 02, 2021 11:16AM) (new)

I hear you. That’s where this group comes in handy. We’ve got all the books listed.

I add them as new ones are released.

message 36: by Kerriden (new)

Kerriden | 1 comments Hi everyone. I love the Fab 13. Originally from Alberta Canada now in Ontario. my tbr pile is insane.

message 37: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Kerriden wrote: "Hi everyone. I love the Fab 13. Originally from Alberta Canada now in Ontario. my tbr pile is insane."

Everyone's story... LOL

Mine too!!

message 38: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 3 comments Hi Everyone,
I’m 43 and live in the UK.
I’m fairly new to GR and very new to PWF. I’ve been obsessed with UF and PNR for about a year but all those main characters in their 20s with their perfect bodies are just making me feel old! I’ve been a fan of Darinda Jones for a while and I’m about to start Betwixt on audio book while we take a road trip. I will be looking for recommendations and hoping to chat with you all soon.
X

message 39: by Kate (new)

Kate | 4 comments Hi Rachel. Try Jana Deleon she has one PWFF, Dead Man Talking. She also has a non paranormal mystery series that is hilarious.
It's A Miss Fortune mystery series. Book one is Louisiana Longshot. Have a great trip!

message 40: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 3 comments Hi Kate,
Thanks! I’ll definitely look them up.
Absolutely loving Betwixt. It made me and my partner laugh all the way here. Now if someone could magically get rid of the rain in Wales for the next week that would be marvellous!

X

message 41: by Kate (new)

Kate | 4 comments Rain on vacation just sucks. I thought of another series I'm in the middle of that you might be interested in. Paranormal and the title says the rest. Magical Midlife Madness by K. F. Breen. Strange and fun.

message 42: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 3 comments Yes it does. Especially when the wind is so strong that it’s raining horizontally into my ear! I actually finished a book and started Magical Midlife Madness this morning. A great recommendation though. Thank you.

message 43: by Kate (new)

Kate | 4 comments Ok, just one more author that I love is Ann Charles and her Deadwood series. The first book is Nearly Departed in Deadwood. She also has a few spin offs that are good. Done.

message 44: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Kate wrote: "Ok, just one more author that I love is Ann Charles and her Deadwood series. The first book is Nearly Departed in Deadwood. She also has a few spin offs that are good. Done."

I have those books on my TBR!!

message 45: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (moodreaderdiary) | 1 comments Hi all! I'm 38 from Northern Kentucky. Last year I was in a MAJOR reading slump then I discovered Suddenly Psychic by Elizabeth Hunter. I immediately fell in love with the genre. After that, I read:
Writing Wrongs by Christine Gael
Betwixt by Darynda Jones
It's a Wonderful Midlife Crisis by Robyn Peterman
Semi-Psychic Life by Elizabeth Hunter
Who's Midlife Crisis is it Anyway? by Robyn Peterman
Brewing Trouble by Christine Gael

I took a reading break for a bit and now I'm back. I just finished Elizabeth Hunter's Moonstone Cove series. Now I'm reading You Light up my Midlife Crisis. I don't know how I'm going to wait until November for the next book!

message 46: by Flora (new)

Flora | 1 comments Hello everyone, I'm Flora and I'm 49. I'm married with two daughters.

I've been MIA on Goodreads for over a year, but I've decided to dive back into the communities again.

I love the PWF genre and have listened to lots of PWF audiobooks. I've created a PWF Shelf to keep a track of which ones I've bought and listened to already.

Feel free to send me a friend request (just add that you're part of the PWF group so that I don't think you're spam). Lol!

message 47: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Hi Flora!! Welcome to the group.

message 48: by R.A. (new)

R.A. White (rawhite) | 1 comments Hi, I haven't been on Goodreads in a while, but I came back here to get involved with PWF groups. I used to write fantasy, but decided I wanted to read and write paranormal with characters that are more my age. I was super excited when I found out there's a name for that! Who knew?

message 49: by Megan (new)

Megan (moonmare) | 2 comments Hi R.A. - I am thrilled that we finally have fiction for adult women. I'm 52. I just read a book the other day that I wanted to throw out the window. MC was 17, vapid, and angsty. I'm soooo done with that. I'm glad to hear there is another author who will be adding to the genre.

message 50: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Hello R.A!! Welcome to the group!!

« previous 1