2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers #1)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 2222 comments This thread is to discuss A Curse So Dark and Lonely, the first book in the Cursebreakers Series by Brigid Kemmerer.

Pages: 484 pages

Length: 1 Month (June)

Participants: Ruthie, Shareen.

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Happy Buddy Reading!

message 2: by Dikshita (new)

Dikshita (Nightime BookNerd) | 193 comments I want to join this buddy read too.

message 3: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments The more the merrier! Haven't started reading it yet

message 4: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 3071 comments I read this in January and couldn't put it down. I may join you for the second book next month if you're all still planning to read it :)

message 5: by Dikshita (new)

Dikshita (Nightime BookNerd) | 193 comments I am half way through the book and I simply love it. Would love to read the second book next month.

message 6: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 3071 comments Dikshita wrote: "I am half way through the book and I simply love it. Would love to read the second book next month."

I'll add you to the spreadsheet

message 7: by Dikshita (new)

Dikshita (Nightime BookNerd) | 193 comments Hey guys! I have just finished reading the book. I am sure I would have finished it a lot earlier if I wasn’t preoccupied with my work.

I love the book so much. It is worth the hype. I would give it 4.5 stars. I am giving half a star less because when I reached the middle of the book, I felt some 50-to pages were a little dragged.

But overall, it is such a beautiful retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I am really excited to read the second book next month.

What do you guys think about the book? What did you like the most about the book? Eagerly waiting to hear your thoughts.

message 8: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 3071 comments Diskhita, here's my review that has all my favorite things and "meh" things. I gave it 5 stars. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

It's spoilery so those who haven't finished it yet should proceed with caution.

message 9: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Haven't read it yet. But hope to start soon

message 10: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Just started it today! As soon as I read that the girl was from Washington DC I was like WHat???? and was hooked. Love that element!

Chapter 17

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Ruthie (last edited Jun 18, 2020 12:26PM) (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I finished it!! Are we already signed up to read the second one next month? Or do we have to request? SarahKat, you probably know whether it's already planned or not

Some thoughts!

(view spoiler)

message 12: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 3071 comments Yes A Heart So Fierce and Broken is confirmed for July with the 4 of us! I'm excited. Glad you both enjoyed this one!

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments SarahKat wrote: "Yes A Heart So Fierce and Broken is confirmed for July with the 4 of us! I'm excited. Glad you both enjoyed this one!

[spoilers removed]"

YAY!!

message 14: by Dikshita (new)

Dikshita (Nightime BookNerd) | 193 comments Ruthie wrote: "I finished it!! Are we already signed up to read the second one next month? Or do we have to request? SarahKat, you probably know whether it's already planned or not

Some thoughts!

I was happy ..."

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Dikshita (new)

Dikshita (Nightime BookNerd) | 193 comments SarahKat wrote: "Yes A Heart So Fierce and Broken is confirmed for July with the 4 of us! I'm excited. Glad you both enjoyed this one!

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments (view spoiler)

message 17: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 3071 comments That was my biggest problem with the book!

message 18: by Dikshita (new)

Dikshita (Nightime BookNerd) | 193 comments (view spoiler)

I am really excited to read the second book.

message 19: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments (view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.