Writer's Paradise discussion

If you are leaving...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (last edited Sep 24, 2009 02:10PM) (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 727 comments Mod
If you, for whatever reason (you are swamped and not being able to keep up with writing is driving you crazy and the group isn't really helping you stay on track, or you've discovered this group is not for you, or you are getting banned from the computer for two months) are leaving this group, please post here with a link to your topic so it can be deleted. Not to erase your identity or anything, but I want to keep things clean and nice and organized.

If you are leaving but plan on coming back, please tell us so, so then we won't get rid of your topic.

Thanks!
Roni

message 2: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments :( :( :( Are we assuming Dee is gone?

message 3: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 977 comments Damn, it's been a month? Are you seriously going to delete people's stuff, what if they come back and have to start all over again keeping track? Idk, this seems like a strange idea...

message 4: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 977 comments Oh, wait, I get it, disregard that.

message 5: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments What about Dee though???

message 6: by Anne (last edited Sep 24, 2009 03:00AM) (new)

Anne (mekone) | 225 comments This may be a dumb question, but how long can I feel out of sorts and be lazy, before my topic appears obsolete? I'm not expressing this very well, but periods of cramp must happen to everyone.
Ps: I'm also concerned about Dee.

message 7: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments Roni! Get online and explain about Dee!

message 8: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments Yes, I still check this group and my topic all the time, but I don't have much time to actually post comments. I hope Dee comes back too! =(

message 9: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendyswore) Dee is renovating her house and WORKING, remember daisy? SHe also has internet connection issues. Give her the space and time she needs to finish her busywork so that when winter sets in and she's all cozy in her hobbit hole, she can come back and say hi.

These chats are fun, but real life is more pressing and has priority in adult's lives. Dee has given much more of her time and effort reading all your stories and such than most would. So... relax, be patient, and she'll visit again when she can.

message 10: by Callie (new)

Callie (neverlandcallie) Amen to that. ha ha

Alright Roni, I see where your views are.

message 11: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

No, I'm not saying that I'm gonna randomly delete topics. I'm just saying that if you are leaving and plan on never coming back... then it might be better to have the topic removed. If you do plan on coming back, then I swear, we'll leave things alone.

I suppose that I didn't word things correctly... I'm not saying that if you disappear for a while you'll be removed... just if you disappear and never come back. I'd say if you make no comment in this group for six months, and are still on goodreads in other groups, then you probably wouldn't even consider yourself as a part of that group anymore, and you just haven't gotten to a 'group cleanout.'

Also, this topic can be a place to announce if you're going to be gone for a while to the other members, if you don't feel like saying it in your own topic...

message 12: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments Wendy wrote: "Dee is renovating her house and WORKING, remember daisy? SHe also has internet connection issues. Give her the space and time she needs to finish her busywork so that when winter sets in and she's ..."
no I was asking if Roni was gonna delete her topic

message 13: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Of course I'm not! I wouldn't delete Dee!

message 14: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments oh good!

message 15: by orangejuice (new)

orangejuice | 17 comments i will keep writing and stay a member to look at you guys' writing cuz most of it is really good but i barely have time to do hw much less writing too but i will continue to keep writing if i can and try to post it on this website but mostly it will be in my writing folder and i am really sad to be leaving but i think it is for the best so i can concentrate more on my school work

message 16: by Elaine (last edited Sep 24, 2009 04:26PM) (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments GreenDaisy BlackStem wrote: "Wendy wrote: "Dee is renovating her house and WORKING, remember daisy? SHe also has internet connection issues. Give her the space and time she needs to finish her busywork so that when winter sets..."

Yes, that's what I was commenting on too, Daisy. I completely understand and respect Dee's absence. In fact, I wish I could be that disciplined and not have to check GoodReads so often. lol!

I understand Roni, just wanted to make sure. I agree that, if someone leaves and never wants to come back, it's best to delete their topic.

message 17: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (last edited Sep 25, 2009 06:28AM) (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 3382 comments Mod
I'MMmmmmmmmMMmmm Back!

First off, please forgive me for not getting back to you sooner. This has been a most wickedly horrible summer for getting online. We removed the roof to our underground house, and had a new story built above ground. Needless to say, I have been in “construction hell” since July 1st.

Due to finishing projects (painting and tiling, etc.) I have not been online for the past 4 weeks ) except for one or two minutes. Ye Gads, I am having computer withdrawals. To make matters worse, I developed stress fractures in both of my wrists, which would have made typing rather difficult.

Thanks everyone for being concerned about me, and for thinking about me, and for missing me.

I MISSED everyone too...oh So MUCH :]

Looking forward to catching up on everyone's stories and the what has happened on the group over the summer.

Huge Hugs to everyone!
Dee Marie

message 18: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (last edited Sep 25, 2009 06:39AM) (new)

Oh and I fully agree with Roni.

If you are leaving the group, let us know so we can get the maid service in to spruce up unused cubicals. And call Tink in to redecorate :]

Also, please let us know (when possible) if you will be taking an extended leave of absence from the group, so that we do not worry about you.

Obviously (as I know oh too well) sometimes it is impossible to get online, or to leave a note, but if you are going on holiday, or know you will swamped with school or work, just post a notice in your cubical.

We are such a close-knit family here that we all care about each other, and worry.

Thank you all again from even noticing that I was gone and I truly apologize for any worry that I caused during my absence. But, I am back now on a regular basis :]

Please give me time to play "catch-up" on what everyone has been up too :]

message 19: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 1015 comments DEE!!! *hugs* missed you!

message 20: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Ahh thanks Brigid, I too missed you and all my favorite writers in this group...Ohhhhhhh Soooooo Much :]

message 21: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments Dee wrote: "Ahh thanks Brigid, I too missed you and all my favorite writers in this group...Ohhhhhhh Soooooo Much :]"

*huggles* dang,I was forgotten about *still huggling*

message 22: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

You are too funny Daisy...doing a happy, happy, joy, joy dance with you :]

message 23: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments I forgot my hw over the weekend...so tomorrow I have 5 periods to get two questions and a summary for the writing process written

message 24: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Ye Gads...do you know anyone else who is in your class that you can get your homework from?

message 25: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 1803 comments Nope,it's in my locker

message 26: by Angie (new)

Angie (askangie) | 24 comments Roni,

A.N.'s Continuous Ramblings will ramble into November, aka National Novel Writing Month, or the time of the Caffeine monster, which I will hopefully become.

I actually have written more than my reporting suggests, but it's in my sloppy hand. I've been to lazy to try to count the words.

Who's doing NaNoWriMo?

message 27: by Callie (new)

Callie (neverlandcallie) ME!

((btw I failed at staying away from goodreads . . . ha ha))

message 28: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments In response to an earlier post:

Yes! I will redecorate any cubicals that need redecorating! If someone has left... or if someone just wants a change... tell me! And I shall fix it!

message 29: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Thanks Tink...I wish you lived on the right coast instead of the left. I could sure use your help with the new edition of my REAL house :]

message 30: by Anne (new)

Anne (mekone) | 225 comments Please Tink, feel free to work your magic with my old treehouse anytime you feel like it. I would be honoured! :)

message 31: by Callie (new)

Callie (neverlandcallie) Mine needs lots of work . . .

message 32: by Milinkalap (new)

Milinkalap I'm taking off. I was absens for a while and tried coming back, didn't help with the writing. I don't know how to add a link so my topic is "Milinkalap - Delete me"

message 33: by Callie (new)

Callie (neverlandcallie) aaw, alright. See ya.

message 34: by Paul (new)

Paul Bye Lauren. We'll miss you. Good luck with everything. Come back sometime, please - even if only for a status update.

message 35: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 977 comments Goodbye Lauren...I hope you enjoyed it all. Peace!<3

message 36: by Paul (new)

Paul By Jenna. I'll miss you as well.

message 37: by Callie (new)

Callie (neverlandcallie) bye Jenna.

message 38: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

All right. We'll miss both of you guys!

message 39: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Wait, don't go!

Life can be hectic and then it can change in a heartbeat. I am the best example of that :]

message 40: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Jenna wrote: "Hi Roni - you can go ahead and delete my thread in the H through M section. Life has gotten busy. I am happy for the job I have but it has been stressful.

It's been a lot fo fun guys!!

Take ..."

Lauren wrote: "I'm taking off. I was absens for a while and tried coming back, didn't help with the writing. I don't know how to add a link so my topic is "Milinkalap - Delete me""

I wish you'd reconsider... but if you have to go, farewell, adieu, we'll miss you!

message 41: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Teresa wrote: "Please Tink, feel free to work your magic with my old treehouse anytime you feel like it. I would be honoured! :)"

Tell me what kind of stuff you want, Teresa, and I'll get right on it.

message 42: by Anne (new)

Anne (mekone) | 225 comments ♥ Tink ♥ (Paige) wrote: "Teresa wrote: "Please Tink, feel free to work your magic with my old treehouse anytime you feel like it. I would be honoured! :)"

Tell me what kind of stuff you want, Teresa, and I'll get right on..."

Wonderful! I'd love something a bit more cosy, as my treehouse feels a bit bare and boring. Maybe something to make it feel more inviting, though I'm not sure what to wish for. Warm colours for the winter feels good though!

message 43: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Okay! Well, I give it a whirl and you tell me what you think, okay?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Here you go. You can delete my thread.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 45: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

UM

I am oh so confused. First off, are you moving your cubi over to this forum? If that is the reason you want to have your old cubi deleted, I fully understand. It is hard jumping from one "building" to the next.

HOWEVER...If you are wanting to have us delete your thread because you are "thinking" of leaving the group, or leaving Goodreads...well that my dearest friend, is just not going to happen!

You are one of the best writers that I know, and it would depress me to no end to not have you around. I do not even want to tell you what it would do to Edward.

Instant Message or email me! It has been far too long since we have had a girl to girl "talk."

Huge hugs,
Dee Marie

message 46: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendyswore) Howdy all, I've deleted my thread and myself from this group, but I will be over in Write in 2010 so I'll see you all there.

THank you for all the fun and encouragement here in Write in 2009.

Sincerely, Wendy Swore
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

message 47: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments I see that I am still listed as a member, but today I could not find my own link or for that matter the "a thru whatever" that was where I had been banished to. Has this all been deleted?

message 48: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 620 comments A.d. wrote: "I see that I am still listed as a member, but today I could not find my own link or for that matter the "a thru whatever" that was where I had been banished to. Has this all been deleted?"

I was just looking for my Den, also in the A through... list, which has mysteriously disappeared. Hmmmm........

message 49: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

try searching for discussions in the sidebar thing, or click on the discussions tab.

message 50: by Swindler (new)

Swindler OfTheHeart | 1 comments who's dee

« previous 1