What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

237 views
Suggest books for me > Marriage of Convenience or arranged marriage where they eventually fall in love

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Dec 10, 2020 07:45AM) (new)

Crystal | 326 comments I really enjoyed reading Radiance and I'm hunting for something where the two main characters are in an arranged marriage/marriage of convenience and they fall in love in a slow burn romance.

Preferably hunting for something with some fantasy/paranormal/historical elements but if you have a really good contemporary that's ok too.

Also not looking for anything with domestic violence and abuse! I'm fine with alpha types as long as it doesn't cross the line (no rape, no violence towards the heroine).

Books like this that I've already read & enjoyed (this please!):
Radiance
Devil in Winter
A Negotiated Marriage
Serpent & Dove

Books like this that I really did not like (not this please!):
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Wildest Dreams

I've also read Bound by Honor but I'm currently hunting for something a little less dark


message 2: by Moloch (new)

Moloch | 283 comments A couple of suggestions are here
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

That thread has a similar (but not exactly the same) request.


message 3: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 326 comments Moloch wrote: "A couple of suggestions are here
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

That thread has a similar (but not exactly t..."


Hmm ok I'll check that thread out thanks!


message 4: by Moloch (new)

Moloch | 283 comments You're welcome, but I didn't mean that this thread is a duplicate, I was just offering some suggestions for your request :-)

I'm sure there are a lot more


message 5: by Lakshmi (new)


message 6: by Raicu (new)

Raicu | 53 comments Empire
(Eagle Elite #7)
by Rachel Van DykenEmpire


message 8: by Raicu (new)


message 9: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 326 comments Ooh the Kiss Thief looks interesting....thanks!


message 10: by bella (new)

bella | 5 comments If you're into Regency stuff, check out Georgette Heyer: The Convenient Marriage in particular is entirely based on that trope!
There is also The Duchess Deal (Tessa Dare)– a more contemporary HR version of this trope.


message 11: by RomeoJuliet (new)

RomeoJuliet | 56 comments Crystal wrote: "I really enjoyed reading Radiance and I'm hunting for something where the two main characters are in an arranged marriage/marriage of convenience and they fall in love in a slow bur..."

Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

My all time favorite. Great read.


message 12: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 326 comments RomeoJuliet wrote: "Crystal wrote: "I really enjoyed reading Radiance and I'm hunting for something where the two main characters are in an arranged marriage/marriage of convenience and they fall in lo..."

Sounds interesting! I'll add this to my to-reads thanks :)


message 13: by Anna (new)

Anna Rae | 96 comments Crowne of Lies by C.D. Reiss
The Mischevious Mrs Maxfiel by Ninya Tippett
I don’t usually like the “marriage of convenience” storyline but I loved those books.


message 14: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 326 comments Anna wrote: "Crowne of Lies by C.D. Reiss
The Mischevious Mrs Maxfiel by Ninya Tippett
I don’t usually like the “marriage of convenience” storyl..."


Interesting! Also added it my to-read list


message 15: by Marie (new)

Marie (marie123) | 51 comments Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Danica and Zane are the leaders of opposite sides of a war between shifters. Desperate for peace, they agree to marry to create a truce between there people.


message 16: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 326 comments Marie wrote: "Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Danica and Zane are the leaders of opposite sides of a war between shifters. Desperate for peace, they agree to marry to create a truce..."

Interesting! I'll check it out too :)


back to top