What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Magic Mistakes!
This topic is about Magic Mistakes!
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's Fantasy Fiction: I think it's a fairy book where they get into a cooking competition. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

AnneofBookville | 3 comments I read this book when I was in elementary school, which was obviously a while ago, about 12 years ago, so 2008. I think it was a fairy book, I distinctly remember the characters using some kind of magical implement like a wand.

It was a book for children, with charming and quirky artwork, and the story, in this book - there were a few of them in the series, I recall - was about some kind of baking or cooking competition. There was a mean fairy or girl, and she creates (spoiler alert) a tower of glazed pears for the final dessert while the main character, another fairy, ran into trouble and is only able to conjure an ordinary apple pie which she puts at the back of all the other dishes.

But the judge, an older fairy, after tasting everything, decides the worst and best dish - and it turns out the tower of glazed pears is the worst dish and the apple pie is the best. The older fairy states the pie was simple but delicious while the extravagant tower of glazed pears was sickly sweet.

That is all I remember. It was a great book - would love if any of you might be able to know what the title and author of it is! Thank you so much in advance.

message 3: by AnneofBookville (last edited May 24, 2020 06:07PM) (new)

AnneofBookville | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Magic Mistakes?

Cooking Magic?

The Fairy Berry Bake-Off?"

Oh! I think it might have been Airy Fairy Magic Mistakes! Do you have any idea if there is a tower of pears and an apple pie in the story? Thank you so much for helping me out! :)

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Google Books mentions both pears and an apple pie.

You can preview and search inside the book here....

https://books.google.com/books?id=7Aq...

AnneofBookville | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Google Books mentions both pears and an apple pie.

You can preview and search inside the book here....

https://books.google.com/books?id=7Aq..."

Thank you so much! <3 Take care.

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments You're super welcome, glad to help out!