What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > An animal searching for their eggs And finds them hidden underground

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Scott | 2 comments I can’t remember the name of a book I read as a kid. It would be late 80s, early 90s. The storyline I remember is there is an animal (Young animal, not adult) searching for their eggs. There is a mole (could be something else) who lived under ground and when the animal goes down there, the walls have the eggs half exposed. I think the eggs were gilttery.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33466 comments Mod
Dustin, is this a children's picture book or novel?

Can you describe the illustrations - e.g., simple or detailed, realistic or cartoony, painted watercolors or bold graphics, bright or dark colors, black & white? Do they remind you of a similar illustrator or picture book author?

message 3: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 222 comments My son had a board book when he was young. But it's only one egg that the duckling was looking for, and in the end, skunk kitten had it (I believe in an old hollowed out tree log). The egg was not sparkly, though.

The Fuzzytail Friends' Great Egg Hunt (Peek-a-Board Books)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 4: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 222 comments Here's a video of someone reading the book. Unfortunately, it's backwards, but you can at least see what the book is about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amMzM...

message 5: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Scott | 2 comments It was cartoon drawing, more pastel colors are what my memory is. There is an animal, maybe more then one with him, looking for more eggs and they find them underground. At first they think they are just rocks but then figure out they are eggs. It wasn’t a picture book, it had words because I remember my mom reading it to me. The one page with the eggs is the only one that sticks out in my memory.