Middle Grade Madness! discussion

CYOA Challenge 2020 > CYOA Chapter Completed

Comments Showing 1-50 of 142 (142 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kadi, Creator (new)

Kadi P (kadi_p) | 2882 comments Mod

message 2: by Kadi, Creator (last edited Jun 23, 2020 01:17PM) (new)

CYOA CHAPTER COMPLETED:
This page is not for discussion.
This page is only to let me know you’ve fulfilled one of the tasks given in the option you chose so I can send you a message with the link to the next chapter.

Leave a message below that looks something like this:
“I read chapter [letter of chapter]. I chose option [1 or 2, whichever you chose]. I read [name of book you read] by [author]. It fulfils task [a or b, whichever you chose] because [reason it fulfils the task]”

I’ll double check your CYOA shelf to make sure you read the book then I’ll send you a message with the link to the next chapter you’ll be reading.
I’ll respond to your comment on this page saying “chapter link sent in message”. This is for my future reference. If I don’t respond to your comment it means I haven’t sent the message to you with the link yet.

Please give all the information as shown above. It’ll be quicker and easier for both of us if I don’t have to ask you 10 different questions after you post a confusing or vague comment😂

message 3: by Kadi, Creator (new)

(Comment reserved for future use)

message 4: by Selina (new)

Selina (selinaannsshelf) | 4 comments I read chapter A and chose option 2. I read Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard, which fulfils task b as the main character is part of a secret organisation. :)

message 5: by Jawahir (new)

Jawahir  the Bookworm I read Chapter A and chose option 1. I read Talking to my Daughter by Yanis Varoufakis. It fulfills task b because the book revolves around the author explaining the world and its history to his daughter (father relationship).

message 6: by Kadi, Creator (new)

Selina wrote: "I read chapter A and chose option 2. I read Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard, which fulfils task b as the main character is part of a secret organisation. :)"

Message sent with chapter link😊

message 7: by Selina (new)

Selina (selinaannsshelf) | 4 comments I read chapter C and chose option 1. I read The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, which fulfils task B as Mary can be seen coming out of a door on the cover.

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle (erraticelle) | 0 comments I read chapter A. I chose option 2. I read The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna. It fulfils task B because Deka becomes a member of an elite training faction that is originally secret, as her "kind" are considered impure.

message 9: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) I read chapter A. I chose option 2. I read S.T.A.G.S by M.A. Bennett. It fulfils task b because the school the main character goes to is a cult and they're all trying to become "Medievals."

message 10: by Wajeeha (new)

Wajeeha I’m on chapter A. I chose option 2, I read Ninth House. It fulfils task b because it has protagonist joining a secret society.

message 11: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) I read chapter B. I chose option 2. I read Crushing it by Joanne Levy. It fulfills task b because it has a window on the cover.

message 12: by Tishara (new)

Tishara Corcoran I read chapter A. I chose option 2, . I read The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires. It fulfils task because it about joining a book club.

message 13: by Brandee (new)

Brandee | 6 comments I read chapter A. I chose option 1. I read Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo. It fulfills task 1b because it tells the story of two girls and their relationship to their father.

message 14: by Kadi, Creator (new)

I keep updating my spreadsheet and not updating this page here!
So message sent with new chapter link to:
Selina (2nd+3rd chapter), Elle, Zaiyah (2nd chapter), Wajeeha, Trinity, Tishara, Brandee and Jawahir

@Zaiyah I'll be sending you your next chapter in a couple of hours, sorry for the wait!

If it's ever been more than a day and I haven't responded please don't hesitate to send me a message or leave another comment here because I really need to work on being more organised and I'm really really sorry if I'm a slow responder, I need to work so much harder on hosting this challenge to give you all a better experience.
Thanks so much for everyone bearing with me, and I hope you're all enjoying the challenge so far!

message 15: by Dee Dee (new)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 28 comments I read chapter a, option 2. I read Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan. It fills the task of secret group.

message 16: by Kadi, Creator (new)

@Dee Dee message sent with next chapter link!

message 17: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Murray | 5 comments I read chapter A. I chose option 2. I read Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger. It fulfills task b because she joins a secret finishing school for espionage.

message 18: by Kadi, Creator (new)

@Brittany Message sent with next chapter link!

message 19: by zaiyah (new)

zaiyah (skellyzelly) I read chapter B. I chose option 2. I read Crushing it by Joanne Levy. It fulfills task b because it has a window on the cover.

message 20: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Murray | 5 comments I read chapter B. I chose option 2. I read Secret Window Secret Garden by Stephen King. It fulfills this task because of it's title.

message 21: by Zenne (new)

Zenne | 5 comments i read chapter a. i chose option 2. i read An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. it fulfills task b because it involves the protaganist joining a secret group.

message 22: by Carla (new)

Carla (mscdavila) I read Chapter A and picked task 1a. I read Stay Where You Are and Then Leave by John Boyne and it fulfills the task because it’s the book that was recommended.

message 23: by Dee Dee (new)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 28 comments Chapter B completed. I chose option 1 {window}. I read Tweet Cute to fulfill the windows on cover prompt.

message 24: by Zenne (new)

Zenne | 5 comments i read chapter B. i chose option 2. i read Er hangt een geheim in de lucht by Anna Ruhe (i read it in dutch and couldn't find an english title). it fulfills the task because it has a window on the cover.

message 25: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 11 comments I read Chapter A and I chose option 2. I read And Then there Were None by Agatha Christie and it fulfils the task because ten people join a secret group on an island.

message 26: by Kadi, Creator (new)

Sorry to everyone who was waiting for Chapter E! Thought I'd already sent those messages out and I'm really sorry for being so slow!

Messages sent with next chapter links to:
Zaiyah, Brittany, Zenne (2nd and 3rd chapter), Carla, Dee Dee and Sophie.

If anyone doesn't seem to have a message in their inbox please let me know, there might have been some kind of error or I just forgot and I can resend you the message with the link!

message 27: by AlienInTheJam (new)

AlienInTheJam | 18 comments I read chapter A and chose option 2. I read the dawn chorus by Sammantha Shannon which fufills task B because the main character is rebelling against a secret organisation.

message 28: by Kadi, Creator (new)

Hey Che, so I checked the book you read and unfortunately it doesn't count towards the challenge because it's only 78 pages long and all books must be at least 100 pages long. It's a real shame😞 But I do have a book already on my spreadsheet for you: Princess in Practice. Is that still something you're able to read for the challenge?

message 29: by Dee Dee (new)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 28 comments Chapter E completed. I read Malorie by Josh Malerman which fulfills the "abandon" prompt as for 95% of the book they are on a journey.

message 30: by KIWest (new)

KIWest Chapter A and I choose option 2b

message 31: by Kadi, Creator (new)

@Dee Dee message sent a few hours ago🙌🏻

@KIWest please read and follow the instructions in the second comment at the top of the discussion page! Makes it easier for both me and you😊

message 32: by AlienInTheJam (new)

AlienInTheJam | 18 comments I read chapter A and chose option 2. I read princess in practice by Connie Glynn which fulfills task B because the main character is working against a secret organisation.

message 33: by Kadi, Creator (last edited Jul 15, 2020 05:33AM) (new)

@Che @Dee Message sent with next chapter link.
It's awesome to see a few people are reading the specified named book! Hope you enjoyed The Recruit Dee!
And
@Carla reading Stay Where You Are and Then Leave as well!

message 34: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 6 comments I read Chapter A 2 b, with the book Artemis Fowl

message 35: by Cheridan (new)

Cheridan Elder I read Chapter A. I chose option 1b. I read Building Blocks by Cynthia Voigt. It fulfills task b because the main character time travels back to when his father was young. He learns what shapes his father into the man he is and some important lead sons about himself as well.

message 36: by Kadi, Creator (new)

@Carrie @Cheridan messages sent with next chapter link!

message 37: by Kadi, Creator (new)

@Trinity Message sent with next chapter link👏🏻

Mel (Epic Reading) (mel-epicreading) | 96 comments Chapter read: A
Option chosen: 2b
2b: read a book in which the protagonist joins a secret organization, group or cult
Book Read: The God Game
Author: Danny Tobey

How meets criteria:
There are four main characters in book who join up to play a very secret (harder to find than Dark Web) 'game' on the internet. It involves a lot of real-life scenarios and your decisions are evaluated by the game's AI.

Thx!

message 39: by Dee Dee (new)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 28 comments Completed chapter H. I read A Taste of Sage for option one as this book centers cooking.

message 40: by AlienInTheJam (new)

AlienInTheJam | 18 comments I read chapter B and I chose option 1. I read lock every door by Riley Sager it fulfils task B because it has the word door in the title

message 41: by Jawahir (new)

Jawahir  the Bookworm I read Chapter C and I chose option 2 (blue book). I read The Freemasons The Ancient Brotherhood Revealed by Michael Johnstone, it fulfills task 2b because the book cover is 50% (at least) in the color blue.

message 42: by Dee Dee (new)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 28 comments Dee Dee wrote: "Completed chapter H. I read A Taste of Sage for option one as this book centers cooking."

Boosting as I'm still waiting for my new prompt

message 43: by AlienInTheJam (new)

AlienInTheJam | 18 comments I read chapter C. I chose option 2. I read Ariel by Sylvia Plath. It fufills task B as it’s cover is mostly grey

message 44: by nat (new)

nat | 8 comments I read Chapter A and chose option 2b. I read "Mr. Penumbra's 24 Bookstore" by Robin Sloan, which fulfills the task, because the main character discovers a secret society in a bookstore he works at.

message 45: by Ilsen (new)

Ilsen Leon | 411 comments I read Chapter A and I chose Option 1B. I read Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo and it fulfills the prompt of reading a book centered around a father’s relationship with their child because the protagonists are grieving over their father’s death and talking about memories with their father.

message 46: by Kadi, Creator (new)

Hey everyone so I sent a ton of next chapters to people yesterday and can anyone please let me know if they didn’t get theirs. My goodreads is being super glitchy because my wifi keeps turning on and off a lot😩

message 47: by Tishara (new)

Tishara Corcoran “I read chapter [B]. I chose option [2]. I read Serious Moonlight. It fulfils task [b] because it has a window on the cover.

message 48: by Dee Dee (new)

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food) (dee_reads_for_food) | 28 comments I didn't get any

message 49: by Zenne (new)

Zenne | 5 comments i read chapter E, i chose option 2 and read Paper Towns by John Green. it fulfills the task because it's centered around a friendship :)

message 50: by Traci Ann (new)

Traci Ann (ireadchildlit) | 35 comments Chapter A: Option 2- The final part of the 'secret series' by Pseudonymous Bosch entitled "YOU HAVE TO STOP THIS"

« previous 1 3