What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn (Samurai Detective, #1)
This topic is about The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's or YA book with child narrator with Japanese folklore not based in present day. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryder (new)

Ryder | 4 comments I read this book in 2011 in my elementary school classroom, it looked like it could have been anywhere from 5 years worn to older. I have no way of knowing whether it was originally published in Japanese or English but based on how easy I was able to understand the context as a child I would assume it was published in English?

If i remember correctly the protagonist was very independent, traveling on his own and such? I remember the involvement of oni's specifically in the book as well.

message 2: by Genesistrine (new)

Genesistrine | 365 comments The Plum-Rain Scroll by Ruth Manley?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 3: by Ryder (new)

Ryder | 4 comments No, that's not it. Thank you though!

message 5: by Ryder (new)

Ryder | 4 comments No that's not it either.. thank you for your help! I'm trying to think if there's anything else I could add. I faintly remember something along the lines of the protagonist having a brother? His brother was educated in sword use too and the protagonist was interested in it too?

message 6: by Ryder (new)

Ryder | 4 comments I've found the book! It's The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn, thank you everyone who helped me look for it

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16968 comments Awesome, glad you found it!