What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Long Time Passing
This topic is about Long Time Passing
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Book set during the 60s: love story about a girl who paints and her first love; On the cover she might have had a guitar? [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (last edited May 21, 2020 11:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 23 comments Read in about 2006-2008. It was set pre-Vietnam, and it was also a big deal when she went to the doctor to get her ears pierced. I think she painted sets for her school's theater production. They were both pretty straight-laced, but she had a pre-hippie vibe. He was pretty white bread... maybe he was the new kid?

SPOILERS--

I remember for a fact that last chapter is years later and begins: "(Girl) and (Boy) were getting married. And not to each other." They find each other as adults and reconnect.

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2053 comments It might be on this list - YA set in the 1960s

message 3: by Abby (last edited May 24, 2020 07:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 23 comments Becca wrote: "It might be on this list - YA set in the 1960s"
Thank you!! I searched a list of books FROM the 60s, but it didn't have what I needed (because it turns out it's from 1997). It was on your list (and I was right about the Guitar on the cover)!

Long Time Passing by Linda Crew

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Long Time Passing (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Linda Crew (other topics)