What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Edge of Forever (The Edge of Forever, #1)
This topic is about The Edge of Forever
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen. Dystopian. Boy goes back in time with girlfriend to find his father. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabrielle (last edited May 22, 2020 06:56PM) (new) - added it

Gabrielle | 2 comments I read this book in 2016/2017. I got it from my middle school language arts classroom. It's in the future. It's dystopian. There's a school that trains teens to be time travelers. They teach them history by going back in time. When they go back they have time restraints. Talks about events that haven't happened. The book opens up with students getting ready to go back to the assassination of a female politician. The male protagonist's father is dead. MP goes back in time with his girlfriend to find father. He wants to go back to the mission his father died on. Teen, juvenile, might not be YA.
Everything listed here may not be accurate and I apologize. I liked this book but I read a lot of books so it got listed in the mix. As I was writing this a lot of stuff came back to me lol.

EXTRA INFO THAT'S MOST LIKELY SPOILERS:
(The Truth) His father went back in time and fell in love with a woman and had a kid. The government covers it up. I think a good friend of his father's in the government tells him what actually went down. Something along the lines of that. The government creates a clone to go back in time and takes the place of MP's girlfriend to screw up the mission to retrieve dad. The fight scene takes place next to a lake I believe.

message 3: by Gabrielle (new) - added it

Gabrielle | 2 comments Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) wrote: "The Edge of Forever?" Yes it is! Thank you so much. I can't believe I got an answer so fast.