What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fantasy, Magic, Horror - Kingdom ruled by aristocrats who have died and been brought back from the dead, frequently.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Telschow | 5 comments I'm looking for a book that was published around 2017 or 2018 (I think it was brand new when I read it) and it's about a girl/teenager who is one of the few people in her kingdom with the magic/ability to go into the land of the dead and retrieve people who have died and bring them back to life. The ruling class is all people who have come back from the dead, many of them having come back multiple times...they wear veils or shrouds to cover their faces. There's some danger in the realm of the dead when she crosses into it. I think she had to bring a protector with her when she went...or maybe SHE had to be able to shoot a bow and arrow to protect herself. The bookjacket was a lightish pink and I have a vague recollection of a skeletal looking head with a fancy crown on the front center of it.
I think it was a standalone at the time and I'm trying to remember the title/author to see if there's a follow up book now.

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Telschow | 5 comments I found it.
Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh