Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes > Something to look forward to

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5743 comments The best books of summer:

https://www.readitforward.com/essay/a...

message 3: by Joanne (last edited May 21, 2020 12:44PM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7448 comments There are a lot of possibilities on this list. I added It Is Wood, It Is Stone, but really need to look into a lot more them!

message 4: by Joi (last edited May 21, 2020 01:22PM) (new)

message 5: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5743 comments Joi wrote: "Always love a good list!

Added WAY too many from these!
These Women
Beach Read
It Is Wood, It Is Stone
Well-Behaved Indian Women
[b..."

I added a lot of them to my wishlist, which I keep on Amazon and make a note of lists that I picked them up from. It is Wood, It is Stone and Well-Behaved Indian Women were includee.

message 7: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3224 comments These are my favorite threads, even though I need NO MORE BOOKS 😈 Actually, I take that back. I need more books, but I need more shelf space first.

Went back to my local indie yesterday (right now is by appointment only) and it was marvelous! Didn't do as much damage as I was expecting, but I did a lot of book shopping through quarantine.

message 8: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4965 comments I think I will wait for all of your reviews before adding to my TBR pile! There are just too many!

message 9: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1580 comments I already have Beach Read and A Good Marriage and will be reading them soon.

I'm looking forward to The Vanishing Half the most I think.

I'll be getting A Very Punchable Face on audio.

Sex and Vanity
Well-Behaved Indian Women
are both on my list too.

message 10: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6991 comments Oh, the temptations! At least one of these is already on my want to read shelf here. I managed to control myself by asking how much work it would be to check their tags for Poll Book Tally. Plus, as I often do, I'll wait to see what GR friends have to say about some of these.

message 12: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7448 comments Jenny wrote: "Another list!

https://crimereads.com/the-most-antic..."

My go to summer author Daniel Silva! So looking forward to The Order~

message 14: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6636 comments WSJ just listed summer suggestions...and atypical. I just added 3 books about bees and beekeeping to my wishlist.

https://graphics.wsj.com/glider/what-...

message 15: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3808 comments So excited! I won a GR Giveaway for It Is Wood, It Is Stone. Should be arriving via snail mail in 4-6 weeks with COVID 19 warning that it may take longer, lol. We'll see if it comes before or after its release date of June 30th.

Thanks for these lists guys, that's the only reason I won!

message 16: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4965 comments Nice, Joi, congratulations!

message 17: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5743 comments Joi wrote: "So excited! I won a GR Giveaway for It Is Wood, It Is Stone. Should be arriving via snail mail in 4-6 weeks with COVID 19 warning that it may take longer, lol. We'll see if it comes..."

That is great, Joi! Now when you read it you can let us know if it is worthwhile and blaze the way.

message 19: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7448 comments Joi wrote: "So excited! I won a GR Giveaway for It Is Wood, It Is Stone. Should be arriving via snail mail in 4-6 weeks with COVID 19 warning that it may take longer, lol. We'll see if it comes..."

I just love a Giveaway Win! I have won 2 thus far during lockdown-have gotten 1 The Greatest Beer Run Ever: A Memoir of Friendship, Loyalty, and War, but still waiting on the other Lincoln on the Verge: Thirteen Days to Washington