What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Ash Princess
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA. MC is a princess. Invading army kills MC's mother (the queen), but not the girl. Invading army takes over the nation. Read in the last 5 years. Was a fairly new book. Author was female. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Asia (semi–hiatus) (last edited May 21, 2020 08:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Asia (semi–hiatus) (booknerd117) | 205 comments I read this within the past 5 years, but I think it actually may have been closer to now (i.e. within the past 2 years). It's a fairly new book. It's part of a series. The author is female. The book might have been the author's debut novel, but I'm not sure on this.

The MC was a young princess. Her mother was the queen. An invading army comes in a kills the queen and takes over. The MC is allowed to live. She lives cowed in fear for sometime until she decides enough is enough. She attempts to silently fight back.

These people had "powers." The best way I can describe it as "being in tune with the gods." Those who were blessed by the gods, were able to work water, earth, or fire. There were mines; those who went down into them got the powers to extreme levels—they went "mine–mad."

message 2: by Anisha_book_lover (last edited May 21, 2020 09:11AM) (new)

Asia (semi–hiatus) (booknerd117) | 205 comments Anisha_book_lover wrote: ""Ash Princess" by Laura Sebastian?"

Thanks! That was it!

Anisha_book_lover Great! I'm glad I could help :)

message 5: by Asia (semi–hiatus) (last edited May 21, 2020 09:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Asia (semi–hiatus) (booknerd117) | 205 comments I found my book. Mods, am I allowed to move it to solved (the "SOLVED: Children's/YA" shelf) myself, or is that done exclusively by you?

message 6: by Bargle (new)

Bargle | 1284 comments Asia wrote: "I found my book. Mods, am I allowed to move it to solved (the "SOLVED: Children's/YA" shelf) myself, or is that done exclusively by you?"

It's okay to move it yourself. Only the Mods can add it to the group shelf.

Asia (semi–hiatus) (booknerd117) | 205 comments Bargle wrote: "Asia wrote: "I found my book. Mods, am I allowed to move it to solved (the "SOLVED: Children's/YA" shelf) myself, or is that done exclusively by you?"

It's okay to move it yourself. Only the Mods ..."

Thanks, Bargle!

message 8: by Kris (last edited May 21, 2020 01:58PM) (new)

Kris | 35124 comments Mod
Yep, what Bargle said.

Just don't type "[s]" at the end of the header, to avoid confusion. Mods add that to indicate the book is shelved.

Asia (semi–hiatus) (booknerd117) | 205 comments Whoops! Sorry! Would you like me to remove it?? (Also, did I do it correctly?)

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35124 comments Mod
No worries. I updated the book's entry in the group bookshelf. It's just easier if a mod adds the "[s}".

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ash Princess (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laura Sebastian (other topics)